Update: I mistyped Arturo Toledo’s Twitter handle this morning to get his full name resulting in me mis-crediting his article - apologies to Arturo, and thanks to @robfe for letting me know
- Entity Framework and Open Source - The Entity Framework Team announce the exciting news that the Entity Framework is the latest Microsoft Framework to be made open source, with the project hosted on CodePlex.
- Entity Framework and Open Source & Entity Framework Magic Unicorn (and much more!) is now open source with take backs - Scott Guthrie and Scott Hanselman share their view of the release of Entity Framework as open source, with Scott Hanselman taking a look at future EF async functionality too.
- Windows 8 gets a date: 10/26 - Todd Bishop highlights the announcement of the official date for the Windows 8 General Availability release.
- So you want to contribute to EF? Part 1: Introduction, Part 2: The code , Part 3: Testing, Part 4: Developer experience & Part 5: High-level architecture - Arthur Vickers, a developer on the Entity Framework Team kicks off a series of posts looking at the Entity Framework with a view to assisting developers to get involved with the project and contribute to the framework
- Choosing an ORM strategy - Jimmy Bogard discusses the decision making when it comes to choosing and applying an Object Relational Mapper in your software projects, suggesting that the different data access strategies address different problems, and that we should choose the best one(s) for the task at hand rather than having high expectations of one single solution.
- Introducing Service Bus for Windows Server (Service Bus 1.0 Beta) - Manoj Talreja takes a look at the Service Bus for Windows Server Beta release announced earlier this week, exploring what the service bus is, and how it works.
- When is a non-breaking language fix, breaking? - Lucian Wischik discusses how even the most seemingly safe change to things like compilers can have negative impacts, discussing some recent changes to the compilers in VS2012, and looking at how this non-breaking change can, in extreme situations, still cause a break.
- 24 Weeks of Windows Phone Metro Design - #9 Layout & Composition in Windows Phone - Part II -
Arthur ViníciusArturo Toledo continues his series on Windows Phone Metro Design with a look at the art and science of designing tiles for the Windows Phone
- How To Debug GC Issues Using PerfView - Ben Watson discusses the use of PerfView to help you profile, understand and diagnose performance issues relating to Garage Collection, looking at some common scenarios and how to investigate.
- PerfView tutorials gathered as a Channel 9 series - Vance Morrison highlights a series of tutorials from Charles Torre on Channel9 looking at the use of PerfView