- What’s new in Web Workbench 3.2 – Ivan Towlson announces the release of MindScape Web Workbench 3.2, their Visual Studio Extension which brings SASS, Less and CoffeeScript support. This release focuses on CoffeeScript and brings an update to CoffeeScript 1.3 and Iced CoffeeScript support for await and defer, along with combining support for CoffeeScript files.
- Announcing one more way Microsoft will engage with the open source and standards communities – Jean Paoli announces a new wholly owned Microsoft subsidiary, called Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc to provide an advancement in the work that Microsoft are engaging in in areas including interoperability, open standards and open source.
- null is not false, part two – Eric Lippert returns with the second part of a series looking at the meaning of nulled Booleans, looking at the implications of its ‘I Don’t Know’ state when working with operators in C#
- Are deadlocks still possible with await? & Async/Await FAQ – Stephen Toub gives us two posts today, the first exploring the possibilities for deadlocks occurring when working with async/await, showing how they don’t create additional possibilities, however deadlocks can still occur. In his second post Stephen answers a variety of common FAQs relating to async/await.
- Task Parallel Library and Servers, Part 3: ContinueWith – Brad Wilson continues his discussion of the use of the Task Parallel Libary in server side code with a look at ContinueWith to run code after tasks complete
- A device emulator guide for cross platform development on ASP.NET and jQuery Mobile development – Rachel Appel discusses the testing of Mobile Web Applications on the common platforms, highlighting emulators which allow you to test without having a real device for each platform.
- KnockoutJS vs. Silverlight – Colin Eberhardt gives a detailed side by side comparison of working with Silverlight and KnockoutJS to create an identical application using each technology, and sharing his experiences and opinions on which is better.
- NxtGenUG – Event: My first 5 months with MVC – The Coventry NxtGenUG welcome a session from Richard Costall on Monday 23rd April where Richard will be discussing his lessons learnt over the last 5 months working with ASP.NET MVC3 and the Razor View engine.
- Skills Matter : In The Brain of Udi Dahan: Modeling Distributed Systems with NServiceBus Studio – Udi Dahan visits SkillsMatter on Wednesday 18th April for an evening session ‘In the Brain of’ looking at the use of NServiceBus Studio to model services in a distributed environment.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1084