- Prism for Silverlight 5 Ships - Blaine Wastell highlights the release of Prism 4.1 for Silverlight 5. The introduction of Silverlight 5 support has caused a few changes in Prism, some scoped only to the Silverlight Support, and this release also addresses a number of reported issues.
- FluentData -Micro ORM with a fluent API that makes it simple to query a database - The Fluent Data Team announce the latest release of their MicroORM. As the name suggests, FluentData provides a Fluent API. This release includes support for querying your data. This release adds support for MySql to the list of databases supported.
- ASP.NET Web API and HttpClient Available on NuGet - Henrik F Nielsen highlights the various NuGet Packages which allow you to get the various parts of the WebAPI functionality into your projects in a granular and installer free way.
- Modernization (BYOSP Part 4) - K. Scott Allen continues his ‘Build Your Own Slide Presenter’ series looking at the creation of a slideshow app using HTML 5 and CSS, looking briefly at warning users of old browsers that certain features may not work using Modernizr.
- Supporting high-dpi pixel-dense "Retina" Displays like iPhones or the iPad 3 with CSS or IMG - Scott Hanselman continues his discussions of Responsive Web Design an how he is applying the concepts to his site. This post discusses having images and styling respond to smaller screens / different DPI settings.
- Using jQuery, Plugins and UI Controls With Backbone - Derick Bailey discusses the use of jQuery based controls and plugins with Backbone.js, looking at the use of the KendoUI controls from Telerik (a suite of jQuery controls) to illustrate.
- NuGet Project Uncovered: DumpToText - Jason Jarrett continues his NuGet Packages series taking a look at DumpToText, a simple extension which allows you to write out an object (or object graph) to text for debugging or use in testing.
- From ASP.NET MVC to Nancy - Part 2 - ‘jhovgaard’ is part way through a series of posts looking at moving from ASP.NET MVC to Nancy, giving shape to a nice introductory series covering Nancy from the point of view of an experienced ASP.NET MVC User.
- Launching "Sample of the Day" - Learn an amazing code sample every 24 hours - Jialiang Ge highlights the latest feature from the Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework, a higlighted code sample every day, allowing you to learn about a new it of application, framework or integration code each day. An RSS feed for the featured code is available for you to subscribe to.
- Windows Phone: Background Agents Pitfalls (1 of n) - Mister Goodcat discusses some of the pitfalls of the Windows Phone Mango Background Agents functionality learnt from applying it to real world problems in the first part of a new mini-series of posts.