- Modern Web Development - Part 5 - Shawn Wildermuth presses on with his series looking at the face of modern web development, looking in this part at the ‘joy and pain’ of jQuery Plugins, a great and sometimes frustrating way of getting rich functionality into your applications.
- Building Hybrid Applications in the Cloud on Windows Azure - Guidance - Bruno Terkaly highlights a new publications from the Patterns and Practices folks at Microsoft which covers the building of hybrid applications on th Windows Azure platform where parts of the application are not hosted on Azure. Greg Duncan has more details of the book in his post ‘"Building Hybrid Applications in the Cloud on Windows Azure" free ebook and code (RC) "
- NHibernate’s mapping-by-code - the summary - NOtherDev concludes an 18 part series looking at the new ‘mapping by code’ features in NHibernate 3.2, aproaching it from the point of view of a FluentNHibernate user, looking at all aspects of mapping data to objects in NH. Well worth a read.
- Foreach, IEnumerable, IEnumerator, and Duck Typing - Brendan Enrick looks at the use of types in for each statements and chalenges the dea that they have to implement IEnumerable and/or IEnumerator in order to be able to be used there.
- ASP.NET MVC 3, Razor-C#, and VB.NET WebForms - A Tale of Black Magic Voodoo - Matt Honeycutt kicks off a new series of posts looking at taking an existing application written in VB.NET using Web forms and looks at how you can turn it into a hybrid applications running a mix of WebForms and ASP.NET MVC.
- You’ve got your TPL in my MEF. No, you’ve got your MEF in my TPL… - Greg Duncan highlights and article from Jeffrey Juday over on CodeGuru which looks at combining the Managed Extensibility Framework with the Task Parallel Library
- WP7 Sample: A GPS-enabled Phone App in 5 minutes! - Jerry Nixon shares another of his ‘application in 5 minute’ posts looking at Windows Phone 7 platform functionality. This time its the GPS feature which is under the spotlight, with Jerry sharing a video of the application development.
- Understanding Association, Aggregation and Composition - Shivprasad Koirala takes a look at three key concepts in software development, discussing them and looking at how their use can be derived from requirement statements in this CodeProject article
- Hands On With MonoStudio 2015 - Rob Conery discusses a fictional IDE which allows his mind to go on a wander and discuss some of the features he wished he had in IDE’s today.