- Simple.Data 0.10 &Simple.Data 0.11 - Mark Rendle gives an update on the significant bits of the last two releases of his Simple.Data Micro ORM Library, discussing the in memory adapter and some performance improvements.
- TeamCitySharp - Paul Stack announces TeamCitySharp, a C# library which acts as a wrapper over the Team City REST API providing a native .NET POCO interface to all things TeamCity. The library is available via NuGet and already Christiaan Baes has made use of it, sharing the details in his post Teamcitysharp v0.1 released where he discusses his 10 minute implementation of a project status board using he API.
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: The Predicate, Comparison, and Converter Generic Delegates - James Michael Hare continues his series looking at some of the little wonders of the .NET Framework and C# language. In this part he continues the exploration of Delegates with a look at the predicate delegate, comparison delegate and converter delegate looking at their syntax and use.
- If You’re Using ‘#if DEBUG’ You’re Doing it Wrong - Peter Ritchie discusses some of the dangers of having conditionally compiled code and performing refactoring , and how it can leave broken code in certain configurations.
- Call for jQuery 1.8 Ideas - The jQuery Team are looking for community input on the things that users of jQuery would like to see in version 1.8 (and even things they would like to see removed). This post also discusses some of the commonly requested things - building custom jQuery with just the bits you need, removing IE 6/7/8 support, depreciation of functionality and the removal of jQuery.browser.
- Free eBook - "Razor View Engine in MVC 3" - Greg Duncan highlights a free ebook on the Razor View Engine in ASP.NET MVC 3 written by Abhimanyu Kumar Vatsa. This 30+ page guide walks through the creation of a simple application to demonstrate the features of the Razor View Engine.
- 31 Days of Mango | Day #25: Background Agents - Jeff Blankenburg shares the next part of his 31 days of Mango Series, this time a guest post from Gary Johnson looking at the creation of background agents in your Windows Phone applications to allow your application to continue to perform certain operations when it is not active on the screen.
- High Performance Queries: GPU vs. PLINQ vs. LINQ - Nick Kopp discusses how you can obtain ’super computer’ like performance using the Graphics card GPU to run .NET with CUDAfy.NET
- Six Weeks of Windows Azure will start on … Monday 23rd January 2012 - Eric Nelson announces the start date and schedule for the 6 Weeks of Azure virtual events series with two sessions each week looking at key areas of the Azure platform both technical and commercial. The sessions are intended for UK based companies who are looking to make use of Azure.