- .Net Framework 4.0.2 Release Information Rollup - Greg Duncan highlights a (rather confusing) set of updates to the .NET Framework 4.0 whcih add a few new features and address a few issues. The framework update is accompanied by updates to tooling to make them work with the updated version.
- WiX v3.6 Beta released - Rob Mensching announces the beta release of WiX 3.6. The team would like you to try out this latest release and feedback on the changes, including Burn a new bootstrapper, improved elevation support, patch slipstreaming,
- Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone (V1.3.1) is released - Avkash Chauhan highlights the release of the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone v1.3.1. This updated release updates the Windows Azure Tools version to the 1.5 September 2011 release in the Azure Samples, updates to Windows Phone Developer tools RTW, makes use of the ASP.NET Universal Providers, improves the Blobs API and introduces two new samples.
- Enterprise Library community extensions ported to v5, released via NuGet - Grigori Melnik highlights the work of the EntLibContrib Project Team in porting the EntLibContrib project to Enterprise Library v5, and the release of the parts which have been ported as a NuGet Package.
- xunitcontrib-resharper 0.4.4 - dotCover support - Matt Ellis announces a new version of his xunitcontrib-resharper plugin which brings xUnit.NET to the Test Runner, and as of this new release also supports integration of the JetBrains dotCover code coverage tool.
- Lap Around Roslyn CTP: Syntax Rewriting with Symbol Information - Sasha Goldshtein continues his series exploring the Roslyn CTP release picking up where he left off last time with a look at using the SemanticModel class to rewrite calls to particular methods of a class.
- Scripting and Code Analysis using Roslyn - And a first look at Roslyn CTP - Anoop Madhusudanan looks at how you can embed scripting into your own applications using Roslyn, illustrating this very powerful concept with a simple example.
- Task.Run vs Task.Factory.StartNew - Stephen Toub discusses the introduction of Task.Run and its overloads in .NET 4.5 as a shortcut to the more complicated Task.Factory.StartNew method.
- A Fun Little JSON Murder Mystery With IE9 - Rob Conery discusses some interesting issues he ran into with JSON decoding in Internet Explorer 9 caused by some badly formed Server response headers. (As a warning, this article contains some strong language)
- Windows Phone Mango: Under the hood of Fast Application Switch - Abhinaba Basu takes a look at how fast application switching is implemented from a CLR point of view on the Windows Phone 7 operating system, discussing what happens and when which events fire, and how your application should respond to them.
- Windows 8 Development Platform Clarified - Rockford Lhotka shares a suite of diagrams produced by the folk at Magenic which aim to give a picture of the Windows 8 Development Platform, discussing the various different stacks which make up the overall picture.
- Using MongoDB with the Official C# Driver - Ercan Anlama takes a look at hooking an ASP.NET MVC Application up to the MongoDB NoSql database using the C’ Driver in this CodeProject article.
- Getting Started with the .NET Gadgeteer - Part 1: Background, Setup, and Hello World - Pete Brown kicks off a series looking at the .NET Gadgeteer project, an Open Source and Creative Commons licensed hardware and software platform based on the .NET Micro Framework which provides an easy way of prototyping hardware devices.
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET: Jonathan Oliver on Event Sourcing and EventStore on 25 October 2011 - This Evening (Tuesday) sees the Virtual Alt.Net Usergroup host a session from Jonathan Oliver on Event Sourcing and his EventStore open source project. The LiveMeeting event kicks off at 7:00PM GMT (8PM BST)