- TouchDevelop v2.3 for Mango: Pin to start for scripts – Nikolai Tillmann announces the release of TouchDevelop v2.3 for Windows Phone Mango . This release will only work on Mango powered phones and adds the ability to pin your scripts to the start screen
- Peer Code Review Add-in for Visual Studio 2008 – ReviewMyCode – Hilmi Jauffer shares a Visual Studio Add-in for VS2008 which brings code review functionality integrated with Subversion source control into the Visual Studio IDE
- Extended WPF Toolkit – using the BusyIndicator – Brian Lagunas discusses the best practices use of the BusyIndicator control from the Extended WPF Toolkit in WPF applications, looking at its use in Multithreaded environments, exploring some of the common problems people encounter.
- Teams in Visual Studio 11, the basics. – Clemens Reijnen discusses some of the basics of working in Teams using the Visual Studio 11 Developer Previews of Team Systems
- Cool stuff in FubuMVC No. 2: Action Conventions – Chad Myers continues his series looking at some of the neat things that are contained inside FubuMVC, exploring how the action conventions actually work, looking at how the framework searches for implementations in your code.
- New solution explorer feature in visual studio11 developer preview – Jalpesh P. Vadgama discusses some of the improvements in Solution navigation in the Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview with the new Solution Explorer
- New Line of Business Features in Silverlight – Ancestor RelativeSource Binding – Dan Wahlin continues his discussion of the improvements for Line of Business developers available in Silverlight 5, looking at how Ancestor Relative Source Binding can help make more things bindable in your XAML
- Lazy Entities and Virtual Members – Ricardo Peres continues his exploration of NHibernate with a short discussion of the requirement for properties to be marked as virtual in NHibernate mapped entities to support Lazy loading, along with highlighting a configuration setting which can be used to override this requirement.
- First(OrDefault) Vs. Single(OrDefault) – Colin Mackay discusses the subtle but important difference between the LINQ First (or FirstOrDefault) and the Single (or SingleOrDefault) methods, showing how you should be careful in choosing which to use to avoid unexpected exceptions
- "Azure Table Service" and "How To Manage Your Manager" – Mark Rendle takes his Scottish speaking roadshow to Dundee on Wednesday 12th October for two sessions on Azure Tale Service and How to Manage your Manager.
- NxtGenUG – Event -This Andriods life – The Hereford NxtGenUG welcome Ross Scott for a session on mobile application development in HTML5 using PhoneGap to target multiple platforms on Monday 14th November
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #955