- Optional argument corner cases, part two – Eric Lippert continues his series of posts looking at the optional argument support in C#4, examining some of the edge cases of its use. In this post Eric continues looking at interfaces and inheritance when there are methods with optional parameters.
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: 5 Easy Ways to Combine Sequences – James Michael Hare continues his look at LINQ extension methods as a part of his ‘Little Wonders’ series, exploring a number of extension methods which perform combining of sequences, showing examples of each in use.
- Effective Tests: A Test-First Example – Part 6 – Derek Greer continues his series of posts looking at what makes good tests and the process of working in a Test Driven Development way. This post wraps up his comprehensive Test-First Development example.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 and the @helper syntax within Razor – Scott Guthrie digs into the Razor View Engine’s support for creating helper methods using the @helper syntax to give you re-use of output in your views, working through their use in a simple worked example.
- MVC Music Store Updates – MVC 3 Tools Update Features, Scaffolding, Save Points, VB.NET Code – Jon Galloway – Jon Galloway announces the latest drop release of the MVC Music Store sample application, now update to the the ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update level, utilising the new features introduced as a part of that release. Also included is a translation of the project into VB.NET.
- Tinyweb Series: 4 Views & Model Binding – Martin Rue continues his series of posts exploring his TinyWeb framework, looking at the rendering of views within the framework using the Spark View Engine, and looking at the model binding support
- Proper Exception Handling in .NET – A nice post from JASE Digital Media discussing some of the key considerations when writing exception handling code, shared in the form of 6 tips.
- IE Pinned Sites Part 10: Pinned Site Resources – Jennifer Marsman wraps up her series of posts on Internet Explorer Pinned Sites with a collection of related resources, including demos, presentations, blog posts and sample code.
- Free E-book – Windows Phone 7 – Maureen Mansour highlights an 89 page e-Book, titled "Designing for Windows Phone 7" published by Avlade which discusses the key issues with designing for Windows Phone 7, illustrating with a sample application ‘Flickr4Fun’
- Celebrating All-In-One Code Framework being selected as one of the 30 elites of Global Microsoft Next – Many congratulations to the All-In-One Code Framework Team, who have been selected as one of 30 projects and individuals by the Global Microsoft Next award.
- New Online Event Series,"Cloud Power: Create the Next BIG App" Teaches How to Harness The Cloud with Windows Azure – The Windows Azure Team announce a series of virtual training events looking at moving to and working with the Azure cloud on a variety of technology stacks including SharePoint, Mobile and ASP.NET. The first of these events is today (Firday 13th May 10-11:30am PDT), with further events taking place over the next few weeks. Free Registration is required to gain access to these sessions
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #851