Update: Looks like I forgot to assign the Tags/Categories to this post, so some of you may have missed out on it. I’ve added them now - thanks to Dan Puzey for spotting it
- Microsoft Project Code-Named ‘Houston’ CTP 1 (August 2010 Update) - The SQL Azure team announce the August 2010 CTP release of ‘Houston’ their light weight database management tool for SQL Azure. This CTP update features improved navigation and search, better visibility of database statistics, table, view and stored procedure designers. This preview version has also been deployed to all datacenters allowing you to experience better performance by using an instance local to your database.
- A quick primer on .NET web frameworks - Chad Myers gives an overview of some of the more common ASP.NET based web frameworks, looking briefly at what each does well and does badly.
- MSDEV Video Series Highlights Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) - Bruce Kyle highlights a new series of videos from MSDev exploring some of the new key concepts in the Internet Explorer 9
- LightSwitch & Source Control & LightSwitch on the wire - Ayende rounds up this series of posts sharing his initial impressions of Visual Studio LightSwitch with a look at how LightSwitch’s generated code will work in Version Control system environments, and finds that if you include images in your data (and those images are large) then you are in for a wait while the LightSwitch screens download.
- Profilers, in-process side-by-side CLR instances, and a free test harness - David Broman looks at the requirement for profilers in .NET 4 which implement ICorProfilerCallback3 to be aware of side-by-side CLR instances, exploring what this Side-By-Side feature is, and how your profiling code can be made to accommodate it.
- Inspecting Local Root Lifetime - Sasha Goldshtein looks at the SOS debugger command !GCInfo which allows you to workout when local variables become active or inactive
- MVC 3 Preview 1 VS 2010 Template w/ Razor, Html 5 Boilerplate and OpenId Authentication | Adventures in HttpContext - Michael Hamrah shares an ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Visual Studio 2010 project template which combines the Razor view engine with HTML5 Boilerplate from Paul Irish, and replaces the MembershipProvider with OpenID authentication implemented using DotNetOpenAuth.
- Experiments with WindowChrome - ‘ jwalk’ explores the WindowChrome WPF class included in the WPF Shell Integration Library which shipped as a part of the WPF Microsoft Ribbon Control, looking at some of the additional window styling that this class enables.
- An easier way to unit test INotifyPropertyChanged in Silverlight/WPF - Benjamin Day shares a simple class to help make testing IPropertyNotified implementations in classes much easier
- Behind the scenes at mvcConf: How we ran a free virtual conference - Jon Galloway talks about his experience as one of the organisers of the very successful mvcConf virtual conference, discussing how the team organised the virtual event, the things that worked and the things that they could improve on for next time.
- Open Source? There’s an annual award for that… "Welcome to the 2010 Open Source Awards" - Greg Duncan highlights the Open Source Awards 2010, a virtual award organised by Packt Publishing, with projects nominated and voted on by you. Nominations are open unitl 17th September, so if you know of a worthy project get it nominated.