- Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0 Released! - Grigori Melnik highlights the release of the latests edition of the Microsoft Enterprise Library, a collection of application blocks which provide the Patterns and Practices implementations of common application functionality such as data access, logging, caching etc.
- SQL Server Modeling CTP (November 2009 Release 3) for Visual Studio 2010 RTM Now Available - Chris Sells shares the news of an updated CTP release of the SQL Server Modelling functionality which includes M, Quadrant, etc. This updated November 2009 CTP release targets the Visual Studio 2010 / .NET 4 RTM release, with no other changes.
- C# Language Specification 4.0 Download - David Hayden highlights the availability of the document which specifies the C#4 language, now available as a download on MSDN in HTML and Word Document format.
- That No SQL Thing: The relational modeling anti pattern in document databases - Ayende continues his series on Document Databases with a look at how modelling data in Document Databases differs drastically from data modelling in RDBMS, and how if you attempt to do it the same way you will encounter numerous pain points.
- Towards a Smaller .NET 4 - Details on the Client Profile and Downloading .NET - Scott Hanselman talks about the .NET Client Profile, looking at the size of it and the various full .NET Framework installs, sharing some links to great resources for further details of how they made it small, and showing developers where they can get it for redistribution in their applications.
- The Busy Developer’s Guide to SQL Server Modeling - Shawn Wildermuth gives an overview of the SQL Server Modelling functionality in this MSDN article, showing the steps involved in a simple modelling exercise.
- New Silverlight 4 Training Kit Available - The Public Sector DPE Team highlight a new Silverlight 4 training kit over on Channel 9 which consists of 8 modules, with 25 videos and numerous hands on labs, dealing with the full range of Silverlight 4 features.
- Code Contracts fails to find CodeContracts.targets after install & Validating Collections with Code Contracts - Derik Whittaker highlights an issue upon creating a new project in VS2010 with the latest version of Code Contracts installed, and goes on to look at applying Code contract conditions to collections
- Tip/Trick: Fix Common SEO Problems Using the URL Rewrite Extension - Scott Guthrie looks at how the URL Rewrite extension of IIS can help in resolving common SEO issues as identified by the SEO Toolkit, exploring some scenarios from a report, and showing step by step how to resolve those issues.
- Application Recovery and Restart C# Quick Reference - Arik Poznanski looks at the Windows API Code Pack functionality which allows you to save application state and have the application restart and recover if it crashes. This functionality is available from Windows Vista and beyond
- A Tour of Various TPL Options - Igor Ostrovsky highlights a paper from Joseph E. Hoag which looks at the various options available to help you control the execution of parallel tasks in the Task Parallel Library.
- Register now for the FREE UK Microsoft Azure Self-paced Interactive Learning Course, starting May 10th - David Gristwood and Eric Nelson have been working to put together a Self Paced Azure Platform learning course which, over 6 weeks from Mat 10th will introduce you to the core concepts of the Azure Platform.
- Call for authors for new eBook on the Windows Azure Platform - Eric Nelson is also working on creating an E-Book of community articles on Azure, and needs your help to create the content. If you have an interest in a particular area of Azure and feel you could write a 400-800 word article on the subject, get in touch and you could end up being an author on the book.