- AutoMapper for Silverlight 3.0 Alpha - Jimmy Bogard announces an alpha level release of AutoMapper for Silverlight 3 which supports the majority of AutoMapper features (all except those that have no meaning in Silverlight), and Jimmy talks about the process he went through to get AutoMapper going on Silverlight.
- Two extensions for VS2008 parity - Noah Richards highlights two simple addins which bring two features of the Visual Studio 2008 editor to VS2010 dealing with the colourisation of foreground and backgrounds of text.
- Favorite VS2010 Features: Layer Validation - Jason Zander highlights the Layer Validation functionality of Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition which allows you to set up your solution to validate communication between layers of applications and enforce rules you define.
- Workaround: Missing Declarations for Controls in Designer File - Visual Web Developer Team share a work around for dealing with problems with controls not being generated in the .designer files in Visual Studio 2010.
- The Visual Studio 2010 Lab Management video tour - Six videos, 30 minutes, toward Lab Management guru’ism - Greg Duncan highlights a number of videos which explore the new Lab Management functionality of VS2010 which deal with the whole process from setup of the lab environment, through to capturing bugs with a full environmental snapshot of the problem occurring on the server.
- My object to object mapper source released - Gunnar Peipman releases the source code for his object mapper developed over a series of recent blog posts, a number of which were featured on The Morning Brew.
- 10 Advanced Windsor Tricks - 12. The NamingPartsSubsystem - Mike Hadlow continues his series on Windsor Tricks and Tips with a revisit to the support for registering and requesting named instances of components.
- Add post-backs to MVC –or- add front controller to Web Forms : Jeffrey Palermo (.com) - Jeffrey Palermo explores the concept of inserting a controller class in front of the standard WebForms page to perform some of the operations that have to be handled in Page Load in WebForms normally. This same technique also allows ASP.NET MVC pages to make use of Server Controls and Postbacks.
- Code Metrics: Lines of Code (LoC) - Gunnar Peipman is taking a look at code metrics, and in this post discusses the uses and abuses of the Lines of Code metric, looking at two different LoC metrics which can be obtained to give and idea of the size of a project.
- The Weekly Source Code 50 - A little on "A generic error occurred in GDI+" and trouble generating images on with ASP.NET - Scott Hanselman talks a little about his use of GDI+ in ASP.NET applications, and highlights an interesting problem (and one of the many causes of the ‘Generic Error’ exceptions in GDI+) with producing PNG output.