- Git# - First Public Release - Miguel de Icaza highlights the work lead by Meinrad Recheis to create the first public release of Git#
- ReSharper 5.0 Overview - JetBrains share more details of the features included in the next release of ReSharper - lots of good stuff there, and I’m quite looking forward to having a play with the new version soon
- How to edit code when debugging a 64-bit application - Habib Heydarian shows how you can re-enable Edit and Continue support in Visual Studio when running on a 64-bit machine by setting your project to run as 32bit
- How ISerializable are you? - Vincent Grondin reviews the process of implementing custom serialisation support for your objects with a six point checklist of steps.
- Lambda Expressions: An Introduction - Deborah Kurata has a great series of posts based around here recent code camp presentation on Lambda expressions. This post is an index post with the links to the other posts covering the different types of delegates, syntax, working with strings, etc
- Targeting earlier .NET frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 using Visual Studio 2010 - Bala Chirtsabesan of the Visual Web Developer Team looks at the support in Visual Studio 2010 to target other versions of the .NET Runtime other than V4, and shows the behaviour when those versions of the framework are missing.
- Build Your Own Data Access Layer: Enabling Bulk Inserts - Davy Brion resumes his series on creating his own ORM / Data Access Layer from scratch with a look at enabling his framework to support bulk inserts of data
- Get Time Zone Information - BlackWasp Software share some useful information about working with timezone information in your applications, allowing you to establish when and where daylight savings time applies along with a bunch of other information about the timezone
- Introducing nRoute.Toolkit for Silverlight (Part II) - Rishi continues this series introducing the nRoute Toolkit which includes a number of items what make working in an MVVM style easier for Silverlight applications. This second part of the series looks at the support for commands and event extensions
- Fabulous Adventures In Coding : Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence - Eric Lippert examines a fallacy about the requirement to initialise all local variables, but not instance variables , and the reasoning behind this.
- LINQ to SQL, Lazy Loading and Prefetching - Rick Strahl explores the use of Lazy loading and prefetching data using Linq to Sql in one of his applications, and reminds us that both techniques come at a cost in terms of database access, and that we should be careful about our decisions regarding theses strategies.
- LINQ To SQL Tips & Tricks: String Operations - Paulo Morgado looks at how you can have the database do a lot of string manipulation as a part of a query in Linq to Sql, or how by changing the linq query a little you can have the data filtering happen in the database and the string work performed in C# instead.
- My History of Visual Studio (Part 6) - Rico Mariani continues his series of posts looking at his personal history of Visual Studio. This part looks at the vital years where the .NET framework came to the fore
- Implementing RESTful Routes & Controllers in ASP.NET MVC 2.0 - Ben Scheirman explores some of the RESTful routing capibilities introduced in ASP.NET MVC 2 Preview 2, looking at the use of different HTTP verbs, and implementing application functionality using this REST functionality