- Welcome NHibernate 2.1.0 – The NHibernate Team announce the GA release of NHibernate 2.1 GA, along with the news that the NHibernate 2.1.x releases will be the last releases to target .NET 2.0
- IIS 7.0 URL Rewrite Module 2.0 beta released – Steve Schofield shares the news that the beta release of the IIS7 URL Rewrite Module 2.0 has been released by the IIS team. Available as a standalone install or through the Web Platform Installer this rules based rewriting engine allows you to customise URLs as well as modify the content of responses
- jQuery Ribbon RC 1 released! – Mikael Söderström announces the first official release of his JQuery Ribbon UI Control bringing the Ribbon UI into browser based applications
- Two ways to use T4 templates: support code vs. one-time generation – David Ebbo looks at the two types of use of T4 Templates, exploring their use in one off code generation to build files you will keep and modify, and support code generation, where you generate code which you will consume, but not modify
- Demeter Helps You Fend Off the One True Constant: Change – John Teague examines one of the advantages of the Law of Demeter, the fact that you end up with less coupling of components, allowing you to respond to change more easily.
- .NET Binding Redirects – Updating Referenced Assemblies Without Recompiling Code – Rob Reynolds takes a look at assembly redirects, which allow you to replace assemblies with different versions using only configuration to make your application continue to function.
- Demystifying the ASP.NET MVC Project Type – Kevin Rohrbaugh digs into the internals of the ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio Project Type, looking at the References, conventions, and configuration
- F# – Succinct, Expressive, Efficient Functional Programming for .NET – InfoQ share video and slides of a talk from Don Syme, Senior Researcher at Microsoft Research, from QCon on the F# Language, providing an introduction to F# and functional programming along with a look at how functional programming is influencing programming in general
- Business Apps Example for Silverlight 3 RTM and .NET RIA Services July Update: Part 8: WCF Based Data Source – Brad Abrams continues his series of post on Silverlight 3 RTM and the .NET RIA services with a look at putting a WCF Service in between the database and the application. If you’ve been following this series closely you will notice that part 7 has been skipped, but Brad will be posting this part in due course
- Lessons in Software from Mike de Libero – Mike de Libero shares 10 important lessons in software development. A lot of them are the standard stuff, however some of these touch onto more than just the code and procedure
- StrictMock vs. DynamicMock: What are You Testing Here Anyway? – Jimmy Bosse talks about Pair Programming, and Test Driven Development, and in particular about the choice of Mock object used in tests and the decision about which type to use.
- NHibernate 2.1 and Collection Event Listeners – Jan Van Ryswyck looks at the newly released NHibernate 2.1 new feature of new event listeners for collections which allow you to implement things like one shot delete as shown in this post
- Extension methods – ForEach statement – Sujith K Jagini looks at the uses of extension methods in extending classes and interfaces with custom functionality in this introductory level post with a good worked example
- HTML5 Drag and Drop in deeetail – Ajaxian highlights the work by Les Orchard on the HTML 5 Drag and Drop functionality which can be used today in FireFox 3.5. Drag and drop has always been difficult to get to work in web applications, and from the shortness of the code involved this HTML 5 functionality looks really useful
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET, July 20th – A reminder about the European Virtual Alt.Net event for this week – Ian Robinson and Jim Webber will be talking on REST, SOA and much more from 7pm (UK).
- Alt.NET Bristol Beers #1 – Another quick reminder about the first Alt.NET Bristol Beers event, to be held 6pm tomorrow night at the Portcullis, Clifton, Bristol BS8 4LE
- LIDNUG: Silverlight Ready for Business and .NET RIA Services Presentation – Brad Abrams will be talking on Silverlight for business applications, and the . NET Rich Internet Application Services ‘at’ the Virtual Linked In .NET User Group on 30th July. Sadly the 8pm PDT will make the talk too late for most folk in Europe, but if you are able to watch it should be an interesting one.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #393