Slightly later than planned, here’s today’s edition….
- Creating a common generic and extensible NHiberate Repository – Chris Marisic shares his implementation of a Generic repository for use with NHibernate
- Hashing Algorithm Roundup – Beau Monday follows on from yesterdays encryption round up with a similar look at hashing algorithms.
- .NET Circuit Breakers – Tobin Harris looks at the concept of a Circuit Breaker in programming, and highlights the Lokad Shared Libraries which contain nice implementations of the Circuit breaker along with code for handling exceptions, retries, etc in an elegant way.
- ASP.NET 4.0: ViewStateMode…giving you more control over ViewState! – Scott Galloway, in continuation of his series of posts on ASP.NET 4.0 , explores some of the viewstate changes coming in ASP.NET 4.0
- Controlling Time – Patrick Kua looks at how you can provide time based tests with times you want by insulating your dependency on the actual time
- Parameter Order Should Be Consistent – Brendan Enrick writes about an annoyance I also discovered the other day about a lack on consistency in parameter order between some common (and related) exception constructors.
- Long division – Eric Lippert explores why when dividing an int by a long returns a long.
- Tales from High Memory Scenarios: Part 2 – Sasha Goldshtein continues his series on High memory use, looking further into the problems encountered, and talks about the use of the debugger to inspect what was going on.
- Much Ado About Monads – Maybe Edition – Matthew Podwysocki attempts to explain what Monads are and why we should care about them, exploring the origins in Haskell, and looking at implementations in F#
- Anonymous Methods, Lambdas, Confusion – Mike Taulty looks at the evolution of the language support for anonymous methods and lambda expressions, working from first principles through to the format we have available now.
- ConfigSectionHandler for Hierarchical configs – Rohit Gupta gives a (mostly code) run through of how you can easily build custom configuration section handlers to read nested config from the application configuration file.
- Annotating Code with .NET Reflector and Review Add-In – Ben Hall looks at using Reflector with a Reviewing add-in for performing code and API reviews
- ASP.NET MVC Source Code Now Available – The source code for the RC1 release of ASP.NET MVC is now available on the ASP.NET Codeplex site.
- User Experience Changes since Beta 2 – The Internet Explorer team talk about some of the User Interface refinements based on user feedback that went into the latest release of Internet Explorer 8 (RC1)
- ASP.NET MVC 1.0 RC1 and T4 Templates – Add Controller. – David Hayden looks into the new ASp.NET MVC IDE integration with T4 templating, providing nice templates for thinsg like controllers, etc
- SQL Server 2008 System Views poster is now available for download! – Aaron Bertrand highlights the availability of the SQL 2008 edition of the System Views poster which details the data contained and the relationships between the system views in the 2008 release of SQL Server
- UK SQL Server User Group Event – Manchester – 5th Feb 2009 – The opening meeting of a new Manchester based SQL Server User group, with two talks, Tony Rogerson on Bits and Bobs to help the developer and DBA with TSQL and Martin Bell on Table Valued Parameters