A larger than average post today as I’m still catching up from being away for most of the past week – expect another larger than usual post tomorrow.
- Cumulative update package 2 for SQL Server 2008 has been released – Denis Gobo highlights the release of the second Cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008
- VisualSVN | Version 1.6 Release Notes – VisualSVN, the Subversion plugin for Visual Studio gets an update and a few new features.
- The Snippy Reflector add-in – Jon Skeet highlights a new plug in for Reflector by Jason Haley which allows you to write complete programs from short code snippets
- Beware exceptions in attribute constructors – Jimmy Bogard looks at some problems that occur when Attributes throw exceptions from their constructors.
- NHibernate and triggers – Michael Zilberstein talks about a common problem for NHibernate Developers who work with legacy databases, where triggers cause TooManyRowsAffectedExceptions
- Aspects of Domain Design – Ayende talks about a conversation he had recently which caused him to think about Aspects in a new light.
- The NHibernate Community – Ayende looks at the growth of the NHibernate community using two (indicative) statistics he had available. Things are looking good for the NH Community based on these figures
- Back to Basics: Generics – Karl Seguin goes back to basics and takes a look at generics and how they can be used with some ‘wild’ examples.
- Populating Entities From Stored Procedures With NHibernate – Davy Brion looks at using Stored Procedures with NHibernate to populate your entities, and then follows upwith a look at filling the associated entities from the same data set returned from the SP.
- Combining JQuery Form Validation and Ajax Submission with ASP.NET – Phil Haack takes a look at the JQuery Form Validation and looks at how it plays with ASP.NET Ajax Form submissions.
- Gallio and MbUnit v3 for Visual Studio 2010 CTP – I’m slightly late in spotting this one, but MBUnit and Galllio can now be used from within the VSTS test runner in the Visual Studio 2010 CTP with this updated V3 Release
- Silverlight DataBinding Basics – Timothy Khouri gives a nice simple introduction to Silverlight Databinding in this short article.
- Redirecting without the exceptions.. – Joel Varty shows a way of performing a Response.Redirect without getting a ThreadAbortException thrown.
- IIS7 – ASP.NET on Windows Server 2008 Server Core R2 – Hosam Kamel shares some good news for anyone who has to worry about deploying servers to run applications – Windows 2008 R2 Server Core will contain the .NET framework, meaning that finally it can be used for hosting ASP.NET Websites.
- Visual Studio 2010 Resources – Mike Taulty gathers together a bunch of good resources on Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 to support his article in the UK MSDN Flash.
- Producing readable log4net output – Bryan looks at a way of making Log4Net give output that is more easily processed in tools like LogParser or Excel by utilising some of the extension points the the Log4Net Framework gives.
- NHibernate Fact when Saving a Transient Entity with Second Level Caching Enabled. – Jan Van Ryswyck highlights some specific behaviour of objects being persisted being added in the NHibernate second level cache, and the specific condition where this happens.
- C#/AOP: Elegant tracing with PostSharp and Aspect-Oriented Programming – Saveen Reddy gives a nice simple runthrough of AOP in C# using PostSharp