- DI and IoC: Creating And Working With A Cloud Of Objects - Derick Bailey talks about the reasons and the how of using Dependency Injection and Inversion Of Control Containers in this nice article.
- Setter Injection in StructureMap 2.5 - Jeremy D. Miller, as part of creating the documentation for StructureMap 2.5, talks about using setter injection with StructureMap, with plenty of code and config samples.
- Using Brail View Engine with ASP.NET MVC - Keyvan Nayyeri returns after a short break from blogging with a look at using the Brail view engine in ASP.NET MVC, going from the config to the first page produced in this walk through.
- Old Code, New Testing Tricks - breaking old habits - Steve Hebert talks about a tricky threading situation that made unit testing very difficult, and how he solved it by thinking about the problem in a different way.
- Exceptional Exception Handling Behavior - Davy Brion posts about some strange behaviour with exceptions and generics in and out of the debugger. Davy has posed this as a question, so the answer to the problem may be in the comments by the time you read this.
- Encodo C# Handbook - A coding style guide produced at Encodo System which covers the full range of conventions - I find these types of document really interesting, as there is usually at least one good practice you aren’t already following that you can adopt.
- The Object Relational “Impedance Mismatch” - Its been a while since I’ve seen people talking about the underlying problem that ORM software solves, and Dimitar Kapitanov does a nice job of just that in this article.
- Mapping from a type to an instance of that type - Jon Skeet investigates a problem I’ve encountered before for mapping between the type of an object and an instance of the object using a dictionary - its one of the places that generics don’t work, and Jon shows an implementation which works but is not as elegant as he’d like.
- ASP.NET Performance: Dynamically Loaded Assemblies Cause Application Recycles (Problem and Solution) - Alik Levin shows the steps he took to investigate a strange problem with IIS and dynamically compiled code.