- Introducing Blacklight - our new (Silverlight) CodePlex project - Martin Grayson announces the start of a new project to gather together great Silverlight (and other technologies it would seem) controls, samples and visuals. This could become a really useful resource - especially for the design challenged like me.
- Free Silverlight Controls And Tools For Brighter Websites - WebResourcesDepot have put togehter a list of free Silverlight Controls, ranging from data grids to image viewers to video players - a good resource if you are on a tight budget.
- Codebehind Files in ASP.NET MVC are Evil - Steve Smith talks about the existence of Code Behind Files for ASP.NET MVC Views, looking at both the good and bad aspects of their existence.
- ASP.NET Designer Control Problem in VS 2008 SP1 - Rick Strahl has been having some problems with the Visual Studio Designer, and in this post talks about the common causes of these problems. Unfortunately for Rick, none of these are the solution to his problem, and he has to restart Visual Studio to fix - does anyone have any ideas?
- Windsor Config Parameters With Non-Primitive Types - Tim Barcz shows how you can initialise a component with parameters of more complex types using the Windsor Container XML Config.
- Storing Contextual Data in Web and non-Web applications - Context gets used a lot in Web Applications as a place to store some information, and in this post Joel Varty shows how you can achieve similar things for your non-web applications
- What’s the Difference Between Dispose() And Close()? - Tyler Holmes talks about the differences (and similarities) between the Dispose method and the Close method.
- Some Managed/Unmanaged Exception Tricks - Steve Hawley talks about some of the problems he had in tracking down a strange bug, and gives a very useful tip for getting the last exception when debugging.
- Point distance, imperative vs. functional style - Edgar Sánchez compares a function program in F# and a C# equivalent for finding the point closest to another point, and compares the brevity of the implementations.
- Web-Application Framework - part V - Enter into Catharsis - adding new Entity - Radim Köhler looks at how the Catharsis uses the Guidance framework to make adding a new entity to the framework simpler and involve less code authoring.
- Web-Application Framework - Catharsis - part VI - Framework Architecture - Radim Köhler follows up part 5 by talking about the underlying architecture of the Cathasis Web Application Framework in part 6 of this series