I’ve just noticed that since I upgraded to Wordpress 2.6 I’ve been forgetting to tag posts against any categories (mainly because the UI to do that is below the fold). Hopefully this hasn’t caused you to miss any posts, and I’ve now updated all the posts missing tags to include them.
- ASP.NET Generated Image Control - The ASP.NET Team have released a new control to make it easier and quicker to generate dynamic images for use in ASP.NET Sites. The linked page is a tutorial about using the controls, the release download is linked from here.
- Typemock Isolator 5.0 Released - The latest release of TypeMock has gone gold, and is available in three different licenses - Commercial, Personal and open source. A significant new feature of this release is the Arrange Act Assert syntax.
- Microsoft StyleCop - Release: StyleCop 4.3 - Microsoft’s Source Code Analysis tool StyleCop reaches V4.3. This release contains numerous bug fixes, improved Visual Studio Integration,, documentation about the rules, and a bunch of new rules.
- Probably The Most Powerful LINQ Operator: SelectMany - Bart De Smet takes an indepth look at the SelectMany LINQ operator
- Pluralsight’s WCF/WF Developer Screencast Series - Aaron Skonnard highlights a screencast series developed by Pluralsight in conjunction with the WCF/WF teams at Microsoft
- Smarter Syntax Highlighting - Ayende follows up on yesterdays simple syntax highlighting with a better way (reusing some existing functionality)
- SubSonic Scalin - Rob Conery runs some large record count benchmarks on Subsonic to answer some questions about its scalability.
- A little refactoring that pleased me - Mark Burnett shares a nice little refactoring which made his code clearer, separated responsibilities and allowed for better testing. Its always nice to see examples of refactorings.
- Pitfall: Static Field Inline Initialization Order of Execution - Omer van Kloeten shares an interesting ‘gotcha’ about the initialisation of static readonly fields - order is important here!
- Clone Detective for Visual Studio - An interesting Visual Studio Addin which analyses C# projects looking for potentially duplicated code
- To Inline or not to Inline: That is the question - Vance Morrison talks about the inlining optimisation changes in the .NET 3.5 SP1 CLR , and how sometimes its best not to optimise.