Back to work today after a long weekend full of hot weather and me having a cold - why is it that I always get ill just before taking a break.
- Tier Generator 1.0 - A simple code generator for building business entities and data access objects from the database schema - source code available
- The Data Disconnect - Justin Etheredge continues the (more civilised) discussion stemming from the Entity Framework and now discussion ORM in general.
- Silverlight Problems That Affect Me - Rob Eisenberg talks about a number of issues and gotchas that he has encountered while working with Silverlight.
- Local const strings - do they give better performance? - Chris Skardon takes a look at the performance benefits of using the const keyword with local strings as ReSharper always suggests it.
- The Request/Response Service Layer - Davy Brion looks at building a request response service starting with the messages, and moving on to look at processing the requests, hosting the service and stubbing the service for testing.
- PowerShell for Team Foundation Server - Greg Duncan highlights some Powershell cmdlets for working with Team Foundation Server.
- More fun with ‘yield return’ - Mike Hadlow shows a good use for custom iterators using the yield syntax.
- C# 3.0 and Parallel FX/LINQ in Mono - Miguel de Icaza talks about work being done on Mono to bring the Parallel FX to the Mono world.
- Default Architecture: Layers - Ayende discusses his default architecture model and explains the types of code in each section and gives the benefits of his structure.
- Improve your debugging: Debugging Attributes to make your life easier - Corneliu talks about two attributes that you can apply to your code to help make debugging easier by not having the debugger step into those methods.
- What a C# Coder Should Know Before They Write VB - Updated - Kathleen Dollard updates her post about the differences between C# and VB.NET - interesting reading, even for those who are familiar with VB.NET.
- How to create IronPython objects of types defined in C# - An interesting post which shows two things - How to host a DLR script within a C# application, and also how to access the types defined in the hosting application from the script.