- Mozilla Firefox 3 - Today is Firefox 3 launch day (although the site has yet to be updated, I think we might need to wait for the American contingent to wake up)
- Ninject 1.0 Goes Gold - Nate Kohari announces the release of NInject 1.0. NInject is a lightweight dependency injection framework which runs on .NET 2, 3 and 3.5, along with .NET Compact 2 and 3.5 and Silverlight 2.0 Beta 2
- OpenCSV# - OpenCSV# is a port of the Java OpenCSV project to native .NET. It provides a good means of reading CSV data without a number of limitations of the Microsoft Text Driver.
- Super Models, Part 1: Sexy Specifications - Dave Laribee looks at making the Specification pattern for entity retrieval criteria into a more ’sexy’ beast using operator overloading to make combining criteria easy.
- Immutability and Concurrency – Part II – A Review of F#’s Immutable Data Structures - Rob Pickering looks at the support in F# for working with Immutable data in part two of his series on Immutability and concurrency.
- Hook Methods - Dave Laribee looks at the template pattern, and defines a technique he calls ‘Hook Methods’ to provide further extensibility for edge cases.
- Avoiding Inheritance Dependencies Using Generics and Lambdas - Jason Olson considers the dependencies introduced due to inheritance, and then looks a the command pattern along with lambdas and generics as a means to work around these dependencies. Some interesting comments too.
- Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) at a Glance - Sidar Ok explores the Managed Extensibility Framework CTP, working through the initial stages of getting things working as intended.
- Overview of concurrency in .NET Framework 3.5 - Igor Ostrovsky takes a overview of the key concepts in concurrent programming on .NET, looking at Concurrent executions, synchronization and memory sharing.
- I understand that naming matters, so… - Ayende poses a simple question of naming for an interface - I agree, naming is very important, and its amazing how many different possibilities people list in the comments.
- Functional Programming in C# 3.0: How Map/Reduce/Filter can Rock your World - Dare Obasanjo looks at some real world uses of Functional Techniques within RSS Bandit.
- Prefix-casting versus as-casting in C# - An interesting post on the differences between the two ways of casting, and talks a little about cast performance.
- Keep your .config clean with external config files - Andre Loker talks about the real world scenarios where external config files really help. I always forget that you can actually do this!
- Software cell - What´s in a name? - Ralf Westphal shares an alternative view on the traditional N-Tier layered architecture, considering software to be composed of cells.
- Functional C# - Learn from F# and LINQ - Matthew Podwysocki continues his series on Functional C# with a look at the framework implementations of some of the traditional functional/F# techniques, including Folding,Mapping, Iterators and filtering.
- Everything You Wanted To Know About MVC and MVP But Were Afraid To Ask - Phil Haack looks at the differences between MVC and MVP in this link laden post.
- List of Technology User Groups within United Kingdom - A list of Microsoft technology based user groups in the UK. I’d like to add that Liverpool has a .NET User Group in the form of Liverpool Users of .NET, although we are not yet officially recognised.
- Join us with a Blog on weblogs.asp.net ! - weblogs.asp.net are looking for new bloggers, Joe Stagner has the details.
- The friendly SCM neighborhood - Ayende takes an amusing pictorial look at a few of the competing SCM products.