A lot of continuations of series and software releases in today’s brew - I think we might be in the slump of people recovering from TechEd
- ReSharper 4.0 GA - ReSharper, the Visual Studio Addin which provides a huge number of enhancements to the IDE has made it to a V4 release - Personal Licences available from 105 Euro
- LLBLGen Pro v2.6 has been released! - Frans Bouma announces the availability of LLBLGen Pro v2.6, a commercial OR Mapper, with support for LINQ to LLBLGen, .NET 3.5 support, better memory usage and support for a wide range of databases it looks like a good release. Prices from 179 Euro per seat.
- Dizzy published - Justin Etheredge releases ‘Dizzy’, a library of high order methods (such as map, foreach, repeat, etc). Source code available, along with 100% coverage unit tests!
- jQuery UI v1.5 Released, Focus on Consistent API and Effects - While not specifically .NET, the jQuery UI is interesting enough to web developers to cross platform boundaries, especially as it has a shiny new release.
- Delayed execution and "yield return" - Justin Etheredge shows how yield return can enable delayed execution and give you a means of generating infinite series of numbers without having to create them upfront.
- Premature optimizations - Ayende gives some concrete evidence to the idea that premature optimisation is a bad thing.
- Silverlight Roles, Profile and Authentication Example Updated for Silverlight Beta2 Now with Visual State Manager (VSM) goodness! - Brad Abrams looks at the latest Silverlight beta, and upgrades one of his samples and in doing so takes a look at the Visual State Manager.
- SyntacticNoise - Martin Fowler talks about the noise generated by the syntax of the language we use for our DSLs
- RhinoCommons, NHibernate and ASP.NET MVC Part 5 - LINQ to NHibernate - Ryan Lanciaux looks at LINQ to NHibernate with the aim of simplifying hhis data access code in this latest part in his series.
- Castle Demo App #4: Unit testing Monorail web sites - Gojko Adzic continues his series on the Castle Project, and in this part looks at testing controllers in isolation
- SOA: Making the Paradigm Shift Part 8 of N - Sam Gentile continues his series on SOA - in this part Capabilities and the Microsoft IO Capability Framework are examined.