Many thanks to all those people who left kind comments and emails on the 100th edition of the Morning Brew. Today’s edition is a relatively large one due to the Bank Holiday Weekend, and there will be a few more links from the weekend making their way into tomorrow’s Brew too.
- Microsoft Source Analysis for C# - Microsoft Release the first public release of an internal tool known as StyleCop, a source analyser which considers best practices for layout, readability, maintainability and documentation. Unlike FxCop, this tool is based on looking at the actual source rather than the compiled output. More details behind the link.
- What Is the Future of C# Anyways? - Matthew Podwysocki looks at what the future may hold for C# and the .NET Framework, looking at influences of F# and functional programming.
- Ending a Response without Response.End() Exceptions? - Rick Strahl looks at ways of implementing Fire and Forget functionality in ASP.NET so he can serve content, and end the request whilst continuing some back end server processing after the request ends.
- MVC Storefront, Part 11: Hooking Up The Shopping Cart And Components - Rob Conery starts integrating the shopping cart and starts testing his controllers in part 11 of his series on building an online shop using ASP.NET MVC
- MVC Storefront, Part 12: Mocking - Rob Conery continues with his MVC StoreFront with a lok at mocking to aid his testing
- Hobocopy Needs a New Daddy (or Mommy) - Craig Andera is looking for someone with C++ skills to take over an open source project he started
- How to Build Your Very Own Provider Model - Part 1 - Keyvan Nayyeri starts a short series of articles on implementing a provider model from scratch
- How to Build Your Very Own Provider Model - Part 2 - The continuation of this series on implementing a Provider Model
- Red Gate Software - Download The Best of Simple Talk ASP.NET - Red Gate are offering a free download of Jit ‘N Run, an book on ASP.NET topics by well known community authors. You can get the book on its own, or get it with a 14 day trial of ANTS Profiler.
- Flickr viewer - An Asp.net MVC photo app for Flickr - Mehfuz releases a sample application which uses his Linq to Flickr and ASp.NET MVC to implement a flickr like application.
- Pex Docs - Jonathan de Halleux points to some key resources for anyone interested in getting started with PEX
- Part 1 - Virtual PC Tuning Tricks - Getting the best possible performance from your VPCs - Don Roessler provides a step by step guide to improving VPC performance - a must for all of us who use VPC images often.
- Boo: Obscure Programming Language of the Month - DevTopics Obscure Programming Language of the Month series continues with a brief look at BOO - with some links to further information.
- Microsoft Source Analysis - Chris Brandsma looks at some of the rules in the Microsoft Source Analysis tool, and consider the possibility of conflicts in rules between similar tools.
- Castle Demo App #3: Saving time and effort with advanced Monorail features - Gojko Adzic continues his series on the Castle Project with a loog at some of the advanced features of the Monorail MVC framework
- Dynamic Code Integration with CodeDom - An article on using CodeDOM and Reflection to allow the user of an application to provide some code to be run within the application