So, I’ve made it to 100 editions of the Morning Brew - When I started this back in January I really didn’t expect it to last this long - and now with 100 editions, with no days missed out (apart from the planned UK Bank Holidays), and having been overseas a couple of times and still managing to get the brew out I think I’ve got the process licked.
Since this is a significant edition, here are some (useless) facts:
- To date, there have been 1118 links planned for inclusion within the Morning Brew ( a few escape as I typo the tags needed for inclusion) - giving an average of 11 links per day
- According to Google Reader Trends, I read the most blogs in the hour of 7am in the morning (when I typically prepare the day’s edition)
- Another Google Reader statistic, during the past 100 editions of the Brew I will have read about 17000 blog entries from some 400 subscriptions.
Anyway, my thanks to the people that are actually reading and enjoying The Morning Brew, and now on with the normal content:
- Pex 0.5 Released - Nikolai Tillmann announces the release of Pex 0.5 under the Microsoft Research License. Pex is a tool that automatically (and intelligently) generates unit test for many edge cases, and uses techniques like parametrized units tests and Dynamic Symbolic Execution. All very interesting stuff - I really need to have a play with this stuff.
- ReSharper 4 Beta - A beta release of Resharper 4 has been released, while they mention that its not a complete product yet there is still a lot of excellent features included
- Signing Requests (or anything) with Hashes - Karl Seguin looks at signing HTTP query strings with a hash to help detect any meddling with the values being passed.
- RhinoCommons, NHibernate and ASP.NET MVC Part 1 - Setup - I missed the start of this series a few days back, Ryan Lanciaux pulls together all the tools and libraries he will be using
- RhinoCommons, NHibernate and ASP.NET MVC Part 2 - Configuration - Ryan goes over how to configure Rhino-Tools and NHibernate for use with Castle Active Record and the ASP.NET MVC Pattern.
- RhinoCommons, NHibernate and ASP.NET MVC Part 3 - The Model - Ryan Lanciaux looks at the model classes, their database tables and the mapping through active records in part three of this series
- Providing Security for Web Applications and Infrastructure: Best Practices for Managing Security Risks « Journey to SQL Authority with Pinal Dave - Pinal Dave highlights a Microsoft Presentation on Security risk management from the Windows Live Security Team
- Integrated social networking in ASP.NET - A nice simple general implementation of tagging for use in ASP.NET social network applications.
- How to auto update your application - Mike Hall shows how easily you can implement auto updates in your .NET applications.
- .NET Framework Client Profile - Brad Abrams gives some details of the .NET Framework Client Profile, and links to some useful resources which detail how to use it and what is actually included
- Return Within a C# Using Statement - Brendan Enrick highlights the usefulness of the C# using statement