- Week Two: A Microsoft Developer’s Introduction to Xamarin and Cross-Platform Development – Jason Hunt continues his series on cross platform development, highlighting a number of resources to get up and running with a Xamarin development project.
- Out-of-Memory is (Usually) a Lie – Eric Lawrence discusses the reasons a platform can end up returning ‘Out of Memory’ even though the system seemingly has lots of memory available
- Separation of Concerns: Application Builds & Continuous Integration – Derek Greer discusses the importance of keeping build processes separate from CI processes so it can be executed independently
- Angular OpenID Connect Implicit Flow with IdentityServer4 – Damien Bowden takes a look at implementing OpenID connect in Angular applications using Identity Server as the server side component running in ASP.NET
- The Monsters Weekly – Episode 10 – Loading Settings From a Database in ASP.NET Core – ‘The ASP.NET Monsters’ share another screencast this time looking at the use of the database to store application settings using a custom configuration provider.
- Encore Presentation: What Every Dev Must Know About Multithreaded Apps & Encore Presentation: Understand the Impact of Low-Lock Techniques in Multithreaded Apps – Vance Morrison highlights some older content on multi-threading in applications, sharing links back to the original piece, as well as a sharing a followup piece in a more accessible format
- ConditionalWeakTable and dynamic properties in .NET 4+ – Chris Whitworth discusses the use of the ConditionalWeakTable collection class, and also examines a little of the background to dynamic programming in .NET
- Meet JSX…Again! – Kirupa Chinnathambi shares a good introduction to JSX and its use in building React components, exploring both the benefits and the weaknesses and limitations of the implementation
- Fun async tricks for getting better performance & Optimal compression rate – Ayende discusses the use of async as a way to improve performance, and also to free a worker thread for other uses, following on with a discussion of the compression used in RavenDB and how they ensure that the compression doesn’t add to the size of the data.
- Scheduling WebJobs, Batch, and Worker Roles? – Falafel Software round out their “A Cloudy 29 Days of Microsoft Azure” series of posts with a look at the options for performing background processing on Azure
- fsharpConf – The F# Community Virtual Conference – Friday 4th March sees the live streaming of fsharpConf 2016, a free virtual event featuring F# experts delivering sessions on the practical uses of F#, ranging from Microservices to Web Development.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #2041