- What’s New in SQL2016 CTP2 Release – The Master Data Services Blog highlights the new features in the SQL Server 2016 CTP2 release, focusing on the Master Data Services features, including on by default data compressions, SQL Server agent index and log maintenance jobs and improved security.
- Publishing an ASP.NET 5 app to Docker on Linux with Visual Studio – Scott Hanselman takes a look at the use of the Visual Studio Docker extension which enables you to build Docker images for ASP.NET Web Applications which can be deployed to Azure.
- RyuJIT and .NET 4.6 – Bruce Forstall gives an update on the RyuJIT Project, including advice for anyone switching from the CTP releases to the .NET 4.6 release, and highlighting the open source code for RyuJIT
- Customizing the ASP.NET Identity Data Model with the Entity Framework Fluent API – Part 1 – Jonathan Brown takes a look at extending the entities used for ASP.NET Identity using fluent mappings for Entity Framework.
- Using CodeDOM to Automate Technical Screening Evaluation – Eli Weinstock-Herman takes a look at using the CodeDOM to dynamically compile, normalise and execute tests as part of an interview screening process.
- ASP.NET 5 How to Easily Add New Bower Dependencies – Matt Smith takes a look at the basics of the Bower package management system when used with ASP.NET Applications, discussing why bower can be a better choice for front end libraries than NuGet due to the number of libraries which are packaged in this way.
- Small Grunt.js examination – Sacha Barber takes a look at the use of Grunt as part of the ASP.NET vNext toolbelt, exploring some of the more common tasks it can perform.
- Setting up Github with Visual Studio Code on OSX – Michael Crump continues his look at the trimmed down Visual Studio Code IDE, exploring integration with GitHub
- Interactive ASP.NET Resource Linking and Editing with Westwind.Globalization – Rick Strahl discusses the workflow for globalising an application, and the importance of easy editing of resources, highlighting what he has set out to achieve in his latest revision of his WestWind.Globalization library.
- Visual Studio Time Saver – Presenting code in PowerPoint – Susan Ibach shares another Visual Studio tip, this time about including code in presentations, and highlights a Visual Studio extension which can make this even easier.
- Ask me anything! – Eric Lippert is featuring in a ‘programmerchat’ reddit Ask Me Anything this Friday (29th), where you can ask him questions on anything, so if you have a question on the C# language, programming in general (or even smelting metal in a home foundry) now is your chance.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1869