- SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 is now available – SQL Server Team – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – The SQL Server Team announce the release of SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 which includes all the fixes up to and including Cumulative Update 5
- When everything you know is wrong, part one – Eric Lippert kicks off a new series of posts gathering together all his writing and thinking on Finalizers / Destructors, starting out with the ‘normal’ finalization semantics of the CLR and exploring some of the myths that people believe about finalization.
- Diagnostic logging in DNX/ASP.NET 5 – Nicholas Blumhardt digs into the Microsoft.Framework.Logging package which is a dependency of a number of the more recognised framework parts
- C# Futures: Method Contracts – Jonathan Allen continues his series looking at the proposals for new C# Features, exploring proposal 119, which covers Method Contracts allowing you to add further conditions to the parameters and returns of a method.
- Ember.js – The Transition to Ember 2.0 in Detail – The Ember.js team discuss their transition plan for transitioning their main release to be Ember 2.0 and how users of older versions can migrate to Ember 2.0.
- Visual Studio Code Ultimate Starter Guide – Tobiah Marks has a nice introductory guide to the Visual Studio Code IDE, a cut down editor for lightweight coding across multiple platforms.
- Lesser-Known NHibernate Features: Calculated Properties – Ricardo Peres shares another ‘Lesser Know’ feature of NHibernate, exploring the setup and use of Calculated Properties, calculated from the data in the database by the database.
- Running a High Volume Website on Azure Infrastructure Services – Niall Moran discusses how the Windows Azure Platform, and Infrastructure Services specifically, help you to run a highly available / high volume website.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1863