- Introducing Squirrel for Windows – Paul Betts announces the public beta release of Squirrel for Windows, a ‘simplest thing that actually works’ installer for Windows based applications created in any language.
- Confusing errors for a confusing feature, part two – Eric Lippert shares the second part of his latest poser, looking at the solution to a name resolution challenge which is seemingly impossible until you understand one of the less well know rules of name resolution.
- Quote of the week – hard things – Bob looks at the origin of one of the most famous quotes in programming, and discusses caching, naming and off by one errors
- Performance Quiz #14: Memory Locality etc. Bonus Round! – Rico Mariani follows on from his previous post with a correction, and some revised code with better randomisations
- .NET Just in Time Compilation and Warming up Your System – Abhinaba Basu discusses the process of warming up a system when it is latency sensitive and some of the techniques for performing this before looking in depth at the way in which the CLR JIT actually works.
- Inception-Style Nested Data Formats – Scott Hanselman discusses some of the funkier data formats that exist, including a look at IBM’s JSONx format which takes JSON and turns it into XML.
- Taking the tax (and cost) out of app localization: Multilingual App Toolkit – Palle Petersen highlights a video looking at the latest features of the Multi Lingual App ToolKit
- Build, deploy, anonymize config, zip package, git commit, push from a single command – Omar Al Zabir shares a script which performs a number of project actions which are typically part of your development work flow in one single command.
- Getting Started with ASP.NET vNext by Setting Up the Environment From Scratch – Tugberk Ugurlu's Blog – Tugberk Ugurlu works through the setup of the ASP.NET vNext platform on your development machine, providing detailed notes, and giving you a great platform to build on learning about the framework.
- NHibernate Pitfalls: Specifying Property Types – Ricardo Peres continues his NHibernate Pitfalls series with a look at specifying the types of properties in code mappings.
- One Week in F# – Phil Trellford stands in for Sergey Tihon with a post following the themes of Sergey’s F# Weekly, a great resource for anyone with a keen interest in F#
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1705