- Using WCF in .NET Native – Immo Landwerth shares a post from Ron Cain, a developer on the WCF team which takes a look at getting WCF running on the .NET Native Compiler
- ASP.NET vNext – August 2014 Status Rollup – Scott Hanselman gives an overview and update on the ASP.NET vNext project, including highlighting features, learning resources and conference sessions on the subject.
- Authorization and Protecting Web Resources in ASP.NET – Bill Morefield takes a look at the concepts behind authorization and how you can implement authorisation protection for your ASP.NET pages.
- Strongly typed direct routing link generation in ASP.NET Web API with Drum – Filip W. takes a look at the IUrlHelper interface, and how Drum allows you to create routing links in a strongly typed way
- Optional parameters considered harmful (in public libraries) – Marc Gravell highlights the potential for problems when using optional parameters when exposing methods from your library
- Chess TDD 14: Figuring Out Blocking Pieces – Erik Dietrich continues his series looking at developing a chess simulator using Test Driven Development techniques, in this post exploring how one piece can block another
- Performance Considerations of Class Design and General Coding in .NET – Ben M Watson shares a detailed look at the performance impact of certain programming and class design implementations, digging down to the IL level to understand how and why certain things perform better than others.
- Adventures in Angular – John Papa highlights the ‘Adventures in Angular’ podcast whcih he hosts with a large panel of co-hosts, discussing all things Angular in 30ish minute chunks. The first 5 episodes are available now.
- Make ASP.NET Web Forms Feel Native with KendoUI Mobile – Jeff Fritz takes a look at how the Kendo UI Mobile controls render adaptively to each mobile platform allowing your ASP.NET Web Forms application to appear as though it was native on each platform.
- Reusing ViewModels in a Universal App – Part 4 &< Reusing ViewModels in a Universal App – Part 5 – Nathan Nesbit rounds off his series looking at the process of sharing View Models between different types of application.