- Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.1 RC – Shahrokh Mortazavi highlights the release candidate release of the Python Tools for Visual Studio 2,1. This release brings improvements to the intellisense , debugging capabilities for Django templates, support for debugger visualisers and much more
- August updates for Internet Explorer – Sharon Meramore and Charles Morris of the Internet Explorer Team highlight the improvements included in the August update to Internet Explorer 11, including improvements to the F12 Developer tools, improved WebGL Support, Web Driver support, and the instigation of new policy regarding blocking old ActiveX controls.
- Sketcher : Two Of n – Sacha Baber continues his three part series with a look at the implementation of the applications infrastructure support, login and authentication, and a look at some of the real code for the application.
- Features of ES6 Part 3: Default Parameter Values – K.Scott Allen continues his series looking at the ECMAScript 6 standard, exploring one of the new features in this version – Default Parameter Values,
- ASP.NET Web Forms Extensibility: Page Parser Filters – Ricardo Peres looks at the page parser ASP.NET extension point, allowing you to have code run at page compile time to make alterations to the page.
- Keep your eye on the code page: C# edition (the mysterious third code page) – Raymond Chen continues CLR week with another look at the role of Code Pages within .NET – this time looking at the use when developing console applications.
- Microservices and the First Law of Distributed
Objects – Martin Fowler discusses his previous ‘first law of distributed objects’ and how it relates to the recent developments in the areas of Micro Services.
- WebActivator – Under the hood – Suhas Rao highlights the widely used NuGet Package ‘Web Activator’ taking a look at what it achieves, and how it works under the hood.
- URL Length Limits – Eric Lawrence discusses the complexities of the seemingly simple question of the maximum URL length in Internet Explorer