- StructureMap 3.1 – Jeremy D Miller announces the 3.1 release of StructureMap, created with assistance from Matt Honeycutt, Marco Cordeiro, and Jimmy Bogard which addressing a number of reported issues in the 3.0 release.
- Introducing CocosSharp – Miguel de Icaza and the team at Xamarin announce the release of CocosSharp a cross platform library for building 2D games using C# and the .NET Framework
- Now Shipping: xUnit support for Windows 8 and Windows Phone App 8.1 – Oren Novotny highlights the updated XUnit.NET Test Runner and the support for Windows Store Applications and Windows Phone applications in the xUnit v2 beta 4 release.
- ChessTDD 12: Blind Alleys – Erik Dietrich continues with his series of posts looking at creating a Chess game using Test Driven Development techniques. This post continues the rounding up of odds and ends before moving on to new functionality
- Sketcher 1 of 3 – Sacha Barber kicks off a new series of posts looking at building a full application using the AngularJS / ASP.NET MVC / WebAPI / SignalR / Azure Storage technology stack to implement a Twitter for images type application.
- Develop ASP.NET vNext applications on a Mac – .NET Web Development and Tools Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Sayed-Ibrahim-Hashimi shares a post from Program Manager Intern Sourabh Shirhatti sharing the work done on improving the development experience for ASP.NET vNext on the Mac.
- Keep your eye on the code page: C# edition (warning about DllImport) – Raymond Chen continues CLR week with a discussion of the role of CodePages in C# and COM interop.
- Dapper.NET Sample with MVC 4- Add,Edit,Update,Delete – Gihan Liyanage shares a sample MVC application which makes use of the Dapper MicroORM to perform the common CRUD data operations
- Use SignalR to Build Real-Time Connectivity into Your Software – Rachel Appel looks at one of the common use cases which SignalR provides an excellent solution for, and looks at implementing some functionality using it
- Port This! – Kim Johnson takes a look at the .NET Portability Analyzer, and runs it on code which has already been ported to other platforms to see how effective it is in identifying potential problems