- The BobbyTables culture – Jon Skeet discusses the importance of parametrizing your database queries, even in things as seemingly trivial as a StackOverflow answer
- Effect of tabs vs. spaces in HTML files – Mads Kristensen discusses one of the hottest topics in programming, the great Tabs vs Spaces debate, looking at what it means in HTML in terms of file size with the different means of sending HTML to the browser.
- Bing Streamlines Technical Searches – Shabbar Husain of the Bing Search team discusses some recent changes which make the Bing search engine better at dealing with programming and technical related queries
- Microsoft’s first web page and what it can teach us – Christian Heilmann highlights Microsoft’s recreation of their first web presence 20 years on, and discusses some of the practices and technologies used back then
- Migrating from Subversion to Git with svn2git on Windows (the tricky bits explained) – Troy Hunt walks through the somewhat convoluted path of converting repositories from SVN to Git when you are running Windows as your OS. A useful reference for anyone who may need to do this.
- Creating Custom OAuth Middleware for MVC 5 – Edward Charbeneau takes a look at the process and components which make up the authentication in Katana, looking at how you can implement your own custom providers for OAuth authentication
- Solving a Throttling Problem with Azure – Kirk Evans takes a look at how Azure Queues can provide a solution to throttling a system where it experiences dramatic peaks in load
- Node.js in Azure Web Sites and Service Bus – Installing tools and Reading Messages from Cloud-hosted Queues – Bruno Terkaly takes a look at working with the Azure Service Bus from Azure Websites hosted node.js code, walking through the setup and code required
- Getting started with AngularJS and ASP.NET MVC – Part One – JMK-NI shares the first part of a series looking at working with AngularJS and ASP.NET MVC
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1670