- Azure: Virtual Machine, Machine Learning, IoT Event Ingestion, Mobile, SQL, Redis, SDK Improvements – Scott Guthrie announces the latest enhancements and developments available on the Windows Azure Platform
- Json.NET 6.0 Release 4 – The Json.NET team announce the release of Json,NET 6.0 Release 4 including a number of new features, a couple of changes and a number of fixes to reported issues.
- MultiDictionary becomes MultiValueDictionary – .NET Blog – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Immo Landwerth shares a post from Ian Hays discussing the changes to the MultiDictionary in the Microsoft.Experimental.Collections library, including a name change
- MSDN Magazine – The August edition of MSDN Magazine is now available online, including articles looking at integration of Windows Store applications with OneDrive, games development with Unity, Azure Media Services, and the Azure Cache, along with many others
- NHibernate Succinctly – Ricardo Peres highlights the release of his eBook on NHibernate as a part of the Syncfusion Succinctly series
- ReactiveUI Design Guidelines – Phil Haack discusses the Reactive UI of the GitHub for Windows which uses the MVVM pattern and the Reactive Extensions to create a great UI experience, and highlights the release of their ReactiveUI Design Guidelines.
- Fun with ILDASM: Extension vs Static Methods – Erik Dietrich examines Extension Methods looking at how they are implemented, and exploring down to the IL level as an educational exercise
- Guids are evil nasty little creatures that make me cry – Ayende discusses his dislike of the GUID
- ASP.NET web application security review: Do’s & Don’ts – Santosh Poojari discusses a number of things to look for when reviewing ASP.NET Web Applications from a security perspective
- Motivating Example of WinDbg Scripting for .NET Developers – Sasha Goldshtein takes a look at the somewhat cryptic scripting capabilities of WinDBG
- OpenRasta: Today and tomorrow – Sebastien Lambla highlights the resurgence of the OpenRasta community and highlights an event on the evening of Friday 22nd August looking at The Future of OpenRasta