- Enabling Contributions to the Visual F# IDE Tools – S. Somasegar announces the next stage in the OpenSourcing of F#, the IDE tools now join the Compiler and Core Library in accepting outside contributions
- Announcing PostSharp 3.2 Preview 2 – Gael Fraiteur announces the release of the second preview of PostSharp 3.2, available now on NuGet and the PostSharp Website. This preview release has had its API reviewed, and includes new threading model support along with a number of other features
- Top "Must Know" Frameworks for .NET web developers – Ugo Lattanzi shares a nice list of frameworks and libraries that provide significant benefit and capabilities to a web developer – well worth checking out any you are not already familiar with
- MSDN Magazine July Issue Preview: All About Azure Web Sites – MSDN Magazine – Michael Desmond highlights the contents of the July MSDN Magazine which should be available online shortly. This month the focus is on Microsoft Azure Websites
- Writing a MiniC-to-MSIL compiler in F# – Part 0 – Introduction – Tim Jones is midway through a series looking at building a compiler for MiniC to run on the .NET CLR. This post is from the start of the series (links to the later parts are included in the article) taking you through the various parts of compiler implementation
- Using Traffic Manager as a FAILOVER solution for Azure Web Sites – Benjamin Perkins takes a look at the use of the Azure Traffic Manager to provide Failover capabilities for Azure Websites, sharing his experiences in getting started with this.
- Entity Framework Basics – Ryan Whitmire takes a look at some of the considerations about memory use and performance when workign with Entity Framework (although much of the discussion is just as relevant for any other ORM)
- Quote of the week – type systems and unit tests – Bob Archer discusses the work (and a quote) from Peter Hallam, looking at the benefits that a type system gives you as a developer to help prevent bugs.
- Project Navigation and File Nesting in ASP.NET MVC Projects – Rick Strahl discusses project file organisation, shares his thoughts on the project structure and looks at navigation around between files
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1641