Update: Forgot to mention – Friday and Monday are Public Holidays here in the UK, so inkeeping with Morning Brew tradition I will be taking those days off, with the next edition being Tuesday 22nd April. Have a good Easter break.
- Announcing Kendo UI Core – Telerik announce the release of Kendo UI Core, a free and open sourced Kendo UI distribution which is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. Code is available on GitHub and community contributions are being accepted
- Download: .Net Universe 2013 Poster – Deva shares a 213 .NET Universe poster outlining all the main SDKs, packages and libraries that make up the .NET platform.
- Merge conflicts in csproj files – Phil Haack discusses a recent change in GitHub for Windows which changes they default merge type for .csproj files, discussing the background to the decision to make this change.
- Hubs.tt will save your life – Gordon W Beeming highlights hubs.tt a T4 Template which will add TypeScript Definitions for all your SignalR Hub methods, meaning they can neatly be consumed in TypeScript with all the benefits of its type system
- Enhancements to Debugging and Profiling in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 – Daniel Moth highlight two of the areas which received significant effort in the Update 2 for Visual Studio 2013, the Performance and Diagnostic Hub and the ability to analyse .NET memory dumps.
- APIs & Documentation – Who’s the Tail and Who’s the Dog? – Brandon Byars discusses the various approaches to documenting APIs, suggesting that the traditional approach might be somewhat backwards
- Remove Slow Startups and Enjoy Less "Suspense" through .NET 4.5.1’s App Suspend Feature – Rion Williams take a look at how the .NET 4.5.1 App Suspend functionality can bring you some significant performance improvements when running on Windows Server 2012 R2
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1592