- Goodbye Windows XP – Hello Windows 8.1 Update – David Musgrave highlights the end of life of for support of Windows XP, occurring today, and also the latest update to Windows 8.1
- April Updates to the Azure Toolkit for Eclipse – Azure SDK 2.3, Tomcat 8, New Zulu versions, and more! – Brian Benz highlights the release of the Azure Toolkit for Eclipse from the Microsoft Open Technologies team, which brings Eclipse based developers up to parity with the Azure SDK 2.3
- Adding Two-Factor authentication to an ASP.NET application – Scott Hanselman takes a look at two factor authentication in your own applications using ASP.NET Identity 2.0
- Twitter Bootstrap Succinctly – Friend of the Brew, Peter Shaw, has released another eBook with the folks over at Syncfusion, this time exploring the use of Twitter Bootstrap. The eBook is available for free download (registration required)
- Actor Programming with Orleans: What’s Different? – Gael Fraiteur takes a look at the Orleans actor programming framework, exploring how it differs from may of the existing frameworks for .NET in this area.
- The JIT finally proposed. JIT and SIMD are getting married – Immo Landwerth discusses the improvements made in the latest preview of RyuJIT, which introduces SIMD functionality, a very popular request for the .NET platform’s code generation
- Introducing the Microsoft Azure Management Libraries – Jeff Wilcox – Jeff Wilcox takes a look at the Microsoft Azure Management Libraries released as a 1.0 by the Azure SDK team last week
- Using Azure Service Bus to Build Pub/Sub Application (Part-1) – ‘ronosh’ kicks off a series of posts looking at building service bus based applications which use a Publish /Subscribe architecture and run against the Windows Azure service bus
- Speech Synthesis with ASP.NET and HTML5 – Ricardo Peres takes a look at generating speech using the SpeechSynthesizer in the .NET framework and exposing the sound via HTML 5 Audio support.
- Peeking into Lucene indexing & The Lucene formula: TF & IDF – Ayende takes a look at the Lucene index structure and the way to work with it, sharing some of the experiences of its use in RavenDB,
- Empathy for Operations is a Developer Core Competency – Derek Hammer discusses the ever important need for developers to consider the operations team when building applications, sharing advice and pointers for more information.
- I have a NoSQL toaster, why would I want a NoSQL database? –
Smart Devs User Group – The Smart Devs User Group in Hereford are meeting on Monday 14th April for a session on the use of NoSQL Databases, exploring the when, how and what you should use them for.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1585