- SQL Server 2014 released to manufacturers, will be generally available April 1 – Quentin Clark announces the Release to Manufacturing and General Availability dates of SQL Server 2014. Eron Kelly also discusses its release along with Hadoop 2.2 supporton Windows Azure HDInsight in his post ‘SQL Server 2014 Released to Manufacturing; Windows Azure HDInsight supporting Hadoop 2.2 Generally Available‘ over on the Azure blog.
- Introducing ElasticLINQ: New Open Source from CenturyLink – Jim Newkirk and Brad Wilson announce the relaase of ElasticLINQ a new open source project which combines the power of ElasticSearch and LINQ to give a good .NET development experience for working with distributed data.
- Use Enumeration types in OData – Tian Ouyang of the OData Team shares a look at how you can use Enumeration types within OData as of Version 4 of the standard, showing code samples to do this.
- Using Grunt to Update the AssemblyInfo.cs version number – Derik Whittaker takes a look at the use of Grunt to automate the process of updating version numbers on Assemblies in .NET applications as part of the build process.
- Reduce the Size of MongoDB Documents Generated from .NET/C# – Pragmateek takes a look at the storage of documents in MongoDB, and explores how the size of these documents can get larger than it needs to, looking at how the Mongo DB drivers for C# provide assistance in reducing document size.
- TDD and Modeling a Chess Game – Erik Dietrich kicks off a new series of posts looking at using Test Driven Development to model a Chess Game – this should be a great series, dealing with lots of interesting concepts and practices in a non-trivial problem space.