- Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 CTP2, Team Foundation Server 2013 Update 2 RC and TypeScript 1.0 RC – Somasegar announce a collection of release candidate and CTP release covering Visual Studio 2013, TFS and TypeScript1.0.
- Try the Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 CTP 2 – The Visual Studio Team highlight their CTP Release of Update 2 to Visual Studio 2013, linking to the various announcements, Knowledge base articles, and downloads, along with providing the information for giving feedback on the release.
- Announcing new Web Features in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 CTP2 – Xinyang Qiu focuses on the Web Development features in VS 2013 Update 2 CTP2, including project level SASS Support, JSON Item and Editor, enhanced Azure support, and update to LESS and MVC/SPA tempaltes, Knockout Intellisense, along with the inclusion of the latest bits of the ASP.NET framework.
- Announcing TypeScript 1.0RC – Jonathan Turner announces the Release Candidate of TypeScript 1.0, including the new simplified tye system, improved ordering and merging of overloads and updated out of the box typings.
- Announcing Windows Azure Japan Geo General Availability – Steve Martin announce the general availability of two new Windows Azure regions, Japan West and Japan East
- A new look for .NET Reference Source – Alok Shriram shares a detailed look at the new .NET Reference Source Browser, including a short vidoe, and discussion of the source’s use in debugging, as well as outlining the future for reference source.
- Exploring the new .Net Reference Source Code & Dissecting the new .Net Reference Source Browser – ‘SLaks’ discusses the new Reference Source based upon Roslyn, looking at the browser, the integration in to Visual Studio, and some of the key features.
- Baby Steps on Android with Xamarin – Part 2 – Mike Taulty continues his series looking at migrating a .NET Windows Store application over to Android using Xamarin. In this post Mike goes over the setup of the Xamarin / Android development environment.
- Define An API By Consuming It – Erik Dietrich discusses the process of defining an API, and how it can be a difficult thing to define, looking at a technique based on trying to use an API to help define it.
- Setting Up GitHub to work with Visual Studio 2013 Step-by-Step – Michael Crump steps through the setup of the Visual Studio Source Control integration for Git with GitHub
- F# Eye for the VB Guy – Phil Trelford shares another of his translation tables to help VB.NET Developers migrate their development skills to F# easily.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1556