- .NET 4.5.1 Supports Microsoft Security Updates for .NET NuGet Libraries - Alok Shriram discusses the significant new update process for NuGet libraries shipped by the .NET Framework team, discussing how, why and when libraries will be ’serviced’
- Announcing Visual F# Tools 3.1.1, with support for Desktop and Web express - The F# Team announce the release of Visual F# 3.1.1, a release which makes the F# tooling usable in both the desktop and web Express editions of Visual Studio, or as a command line toolset if you do not have Visual Studio
- .NET 4.5.1 and Security Updates - Kathleen Dollard highlights the significance of the new update mechanism for the .NET Framework security updates, and shares her thoughts on its use.
- With great Azure VM comes great responsibility (which is why you really want an Azure Web Site) - Troy Hunt discusses in detail why you should resist the urge to host your Azure based websites on Virtual Machines over Azure Websites, looking at the increased complexity of VMs over the safer, and simpler Websites.
- Introducing Windows Azure WebJobs - Scott Hanselman - Scott Hanselman also prefers Azure Websites for hosting, and in this post discusses the new Azure WebJobs framework which allows you to run jobs inside your Azure Websites underlying VM instance, and allow for continuous running or invoked jobs to be deployed.
- Running Powershell Web Jobs on Azure websites - Nick J Trogh also takes a look at the use of the new WebJobs functionality on Azure.
- Windows Azure Website Staging Feature and GitHub Integration - Shaun Xu takes a look at the new Azure Website Staging feature which allows you to deploy your Website to Azure in a testing mode, check that everything is OK, and then switch that over to live. Shaun also explores the use of this feature combined with Git deployment.
- Threading in C#: 7 Things you should always remember about - Pawel Bejger shares 7 concepts you should know about and be aware of when building applications which operate on multiple threads.
- Strongly Typed Data Binding - Paul Cociuba shares a video tutorial on using the ASP.NET Web Forms 4.5 Strongly Typed Databinding functionality.
- Getting greater insights into Glimpse - Anthony van der Hoorn gives an update on progress with Glimpse, looking back at 2013 and forward to 2014 and the role of metrics in their decision making in the future.