A couple of release announcements a few folk might have been waiting for today!
Visual Studio 2013 / TFS 2013 / .NET 4.5.1
- Visual Studio 2013 available for download - Somasegar kicks off the announcement posts of the Visual Studio 2013 and .NET 4.5.1 release to web.
- Visual Studio 2013 released to web! - The Visual Studio Team announce the release
- Announcing the Release of Visual Studio 2013 and Great Improvements to ASP.NET and Entity Framework - Scott Guthrie announce the release and takes a look at what is new in ASP.NET (SignalR, Browser Link, ASP.NET Scaffolding, Web API2, etc) and Entity Framework 6
- Announcing release of ASP.NET and Web Tools for Visual Studio 2013 - Xinyang Qiu makes he official announcement from the ASP.NET and Web Tools team.
- Visual Studio 2013 RTM Available - Brian Harry highlights the release
- Visual Studio 2013 Team Foundation Server version control and build - Andy Lewis focuses on the TFS aspect of the release with a look at version control and build.
- Visual Studio 2013 Available Now! - Eric Battalio over on the Visual C++ Team Blog gives an overview of the new features for C++ developers.
- Announcing Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server 2013 RTM Availability - Charles Sterling announces the release from a Team Foundation Server point of view and also has a useful collection of related links.
- .NET Framework 4.5.1 RTM =>; start coding - The .NET Team announce the release of .NET 4.5.1, looking at the substantial number of changes and improvements made
- Windows 8.1 now available! - Brandon LeBlanc announces the general availability release of Windows 8.1, shipping via the Windows Store application on your Windows 8 machines.
- Now ready for you: Windows 8.1 and the Windows Store - The Windows Apps Team also announce the release of Windows 8.1, along with opening the Windows Store to accepting Windows 8.1 applications
- Windows 8.1 Has Been Released - Garry Pilkington gives a nice overview of a few of the more desirable Windows 8.1 features.
- Web Essentials 2013 RTM - Mads Kristensen announces the RTM release of Web Essentials 2013 which works with the RTM release of Visual Studio 2013 and brings a number of very useful features for web development to the IDE.
- TypeScript and the Road to 1.0 - Jonathan Turner gives an update on TypeScript, highlighting the inclusion of 0.9.1.1 as a part of Visual Studio 2013 and outlining the plans to the 1.0 release.
- Math from scratch, part eight: integers - Eric Lippert continues with his series looking at the construction of basic mathematics support in C# using only the most basic of data structures. In this part Eric explores the implementation of an integer.
- Top things web developers should know about the Visual Studio 2013 release - Jon Galloway - Jon Galloway shares an excellent collection of FAQs, links, videos, pointers and recommendations relating to web development on Visual Studio 2013 and .NET 4.5.1
- Essential reading for Visual Studio 2013, MVC 5 and Web API 2 - Similarly Troy Hunt discusses some of the key components included in Visual Studio 2013 from a web development point of view.
- ASP.NET Web API 2 is out! Overview of features - StrathWeb - Filip W. dives into the new features included in ASP.NET WebAPI 2, released along with Visual Studio 2013, giving an overview of each feature along with links to further information.
- Updated sample .NET Framework detection code that works with the .NET Framework 4.5 and 4.5.1 - Aaron Stebner responds to the .NET 4.5.1 release by updating his .NET Framework Detection code to understand the new version.
- A Visual Studio Solution Cloner - Bill Hallahan shares a utility whcih will make a clean copy of a Visual Studio Solution (C++ / C#) allowing renames and also creating new GUIDs for all items.