- Immutable collections ready for prime time - Immo Landwerth announces the release of the stable version of the Immutable Collections library from the .NET BCL team. The release, available as a portable class library via NuGet, has been built over the past 9 months and incorporates feedback from a number of preview releases, containing immutable implementations of the common collection classes. There has been quite a bit of community discussion about the limitations on production deployment on other platforms (See Phil Haack’s post Platform Limitations Harm .NET) and the Mono project have kicked off their own implementation of Immutable Collections over on GitHub (mono/ImmutableCollections)
- Announcing jQuery Mobile 1.4 Beta - Jasper de Groot announces the latest jQuery Mobile beta release which includes a new default theme, changes to theme inheritance, performance improvements and new SVG based icons.
- 30 Days of TDD - Day Eight - Dealing With Defects - James Bender presses on with his series on Test Driven Development with a look at how you can extend the Test Driven Development approach to provide a useful process for resolving software defects
- Perception is Reality - The state of OSS in .NET - Jimmy Bogard discusses the role and history of Open Source Software on the .NET platform responding to a piece from Amir Rajan - lots of comments on this one, which is well worth a read.
- Red Gate goes SQL Loco for OSS Projects… - Greg Duncan highlights two sites set up by Nik and Anthony (of Glimpse fame) one of which highlights some the benefits offered to Open Source Software developers by some of the major tools companies, and the other looks at the process of producing open source software.
- Converting Chars to Doubles in C# - Jason Roberts discusses an interesting bit of the framework for converting individual characters to their numeric value, and looks at why this method returns double as its is a bit cleverer than you might actually think.
- Setting up an Azure Virtual Machine For Developers with Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate and SQL Server 2012 Express - Bruno Terkaly walks through the process of setting up a Development Environment on the Windows Azure platform, configuring a VM with Visual Studio and SQL server.