- Announcing TraceEvent - Monitoring and Diagnostics for the Cloud - Vance Morrison announces the release of the TraceEvent library as a NuGet package providing monitoring and handling capabilities for Event Tracing for Windows events. In this post Vance talks about the use of the library illustrating with a short sample application.
- Announcing Durandal 2.0 and Weyland 1.0 - Rob Eisenberg announces the release of Durandal 2.0 the latest update this Single Page Application framework, and complements this with Weyland, a Node based command line tool to help build Durandal applications.
- Bootstrap 3 RC2 - The Bootstrap team announce the second release candidate of Bootstrap 3 (in style, breaking out the MC Hammer). This update addresses nearly all the reported bugs from the RC1 and sets Bootstrap 3 well on its way to RTM.
- jQuery Mobile 1.4.0 Alpha 2 released - Jasper de Groot announces the release of the second alpha release of jQuery Mobile. With a substantial number of new features and addressing bugs reported in Alpha 1 the teams focus now shifts o the documentation and demos for the 1.4 release.
- Callbacks as our Generations’ Go To Statement - Miguel de Icaza discusses callbacks, and how they are essentially the same type of confusing control flow logic that we tried to do away with when goto was banished, and discusses how async / await provides a good alternative.
- Obscure WinDbg Commands, Part 2 - Sasha Goldshtein continues his series looking at less well known WinDbg commands and features, taking a look in this post at the use of DML (Debugger Markup Language) within the debugger to provide discover-ability and navigation between commands.
- Hadoop for .NET Developers: Setting Up an Azure Cluster & Hadoop for .NET Developers: Obtaining the Sample Data Sets - Bryan C Smith continues his series looking at Hadoop from a .NET Developers perspective with a look at configuring access to Hadoop in the Azure cloud and sharing some sample data to be used in the remaining posts.
- IIS Default Documents vs. ASP.NET MVC Routes - Rick Strahl discusses why you will have issues trying to use static content as a default document on IIS inside an ASP.NET MVC application, looking at how the routing mechanism gets in the way, and sharing the configuration changes need to make it work as expected.
- Distributed caching using Redis server with .Net/C# client - Semyuel87*** takes a look at the use of Redis on Windows with C# and the .NET client library. walking through the setup of Redis, and consuming its service from a web application.
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8: Building for Both - Mike Taulty shares a screencast of a session on building Windows 8 and Windows phone applications using portable class libraries to write once - target both.
- Announcing CloudBurst 2013 live and online Windows Azure conference September 19-20 2013 - Magnus Mårtensson announces plans (and the proposed session line up) for Cloudburst 2013, a free to attend two day Windows Azure focused event running out of Sweden on 19th and 20th September and also streamed online.