- Dynamic contagion, part one – Eric Lippert discusses the modeling of infectious diseases, looking at how this model can apply to hostile user provided values in software security, before moving on to discuss how dynamic types in C# have similar properties.
- Architecture for a SignalR Synchronized Webpage Application – Eric Hexter continues discussion of his web application which uses SignalR to synchronize application state between web pages on multiple devices, discussing the underlying architecture of his solution in this post.
- IIS 8.0 Application Initialization module in a Windows Azure Web Role – Sandrino Di Mattia discusses the use of the IIS Application Initialization Module on the Windows Azure Platform, looking at the setup and configuration, and discussing why you might want to use this functionality.
- 31 Days of Windows 8 | Day #3: The Splash Screen, Day #4: New Controls , Day #5: Settings Contract & Day #6: Search Contract – Jeff Blankenburg presses on with his daily series for November looking at Windows 8 Development, exploring Application Splash Screens, some of the new controls available for XAML applications, the use of contracts to integrate application behaviour, and digs into the search contract in more detail.
- Inside the New Single Page Apps Template – John Papa takes a look at the updated Single Page Application template included in the Preview Release of the Fall Update for ASP.NET released last week at Build.
- Design patterns in the test of time: Composite – Ayende continues his Design Patterns Series exploring the Composite Pattern, illustrating with an example, and sharing thoughts on the limited practical applications of the pattern.
- Featured Article – Small Basic: How to Create an Extension Using C# – Ed Price shares an extract from Liam McSherry prize winning article on extending Small Basic by exposing C# created class libraries into the Small Basic Language
- Videos of talks from the 2012 BUILD Conference – Angle Brackets and Curly Braces – Scott Hanselman shares the videos of his sessions at BUILD 2012, and highlights the videos from other members of what he refers to as the ‘Angle Brackets’ Team (ASP.NET, Azure and Web Tools)
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1226