- Umbraco - Umbraco 4.10.0 Release Candidate - Sebastiaan Janssen announces the release of the Release Candidate of Umbraco 4.10.0 (AKA ‘The MVC Edition’). A quite comprehensive list of changes have made it into this release, including over 30 community contributions, and now the team are keen for others to give it a try.
- ASP.NET SignalR Alpha 1.0.0 is Now Available! - Tugberk Ugurlu highlights the availability of Pre-Release packages of SignalR 1.0.0, available now on NuGet and also as a part of the ASP.NET Fall 2012 Update, released as a preview at Build.
- New PowerShell command line goodies for Windows Azure at #bldwin - Glenn Block highlights the release of a new suite of PowerShell extensions for managing the Windows Azure Platform from the PowerShell Command line, supporting the creation of Django/Python web roles, Azure Websites, GitHub Deployment, SQL Instances, and Azure Caching.
- Back to Basics: When does a .NET Assembly Dependency get loaded - Rick Strahl goes back to basics with a look at the processes involved in the .NET Framework loading dependent assemblies
- Design patterns in the test of time: Bridge - Ayende continues his series of posts revisiting the original Gang of Four design patterns from a modern perspective, discussing the Bridge pattern in this post.
- Getting sharp with F# with the free "F# Succinctly" eBook [reg-ware] - Greg Duncan highlights the availability of an F# eBook from Robert Pickering provided by the folks at SyncFusion
- OData in WebAPI - Microsoft ASP.NET Web API OData 0.2.0-alpha release - Alex D James discusses progress made on adding OData features to the ASP.NET Web API, discussing the features included in the latest alpha release available via NuGet including Server driven paging, Inheritance, and the Model Builder API.
- NServiceBus and concurrency - Jimmy Bogard discusses the use of transaction isolation with NServiceBus, giving an overview of the transaction types available, and reviewing how you can choose isolation level.
- Windows Azure’s Flat Network Storage and 2012 Scalability Targets - Brad Calder and Aaron Ogus discuss the new flat network infrastructure being deployed to Windows Azure to provide higher bandwidth connectivity between components, discussing some of the performance and scalability targets they aimed for.
- Initial thoughts on some new-fangled things part 2 - Jeremy D Miller continues his series of ‘Initial thoughts on new-fangled things’ continuing discussion of his feelings on document databases and Event Sourcing as architectural strategies.
- The Stack - Liverpool .Net User Group - November 2012 - The Stack Usergroup will be meeting on Monday 19th November here in Liverpool, where Tim Myers will be presenting a session on the hybrid computing model available with Windows Azure.
- Download All the Build Videos, while you sleep - Eric Hexter highlights the availability of all the videos from Build 2012 on Channel 9, and also shares a little PowerShell script to grab local copies of them all.