- Umbraco - v5 RIP - Paul Sterling announces the sad news that the Umbraco V5 is to be retired, with a final V5 release (5.2) being made to address some of its issues, with future development being based back on the V4 version, addressing concerns about the direction and complexity of V5
- IE 9.0.7 Available via Windows Update - Tyson Storey announces the release of the June 2012 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer which takes the installed version of Internet Explorer 9 to 9.0.7. This patch addresses critical security issues, so is one you should definitely be installing.
- New V3 Language Features - Jason Shirk of the PowerShell team discusses some of the new language features included in PowerShell 3, discussing Enumeration, New Redirection operators, Local to remote variable support, and much more
- How we got rid of the database & How we got rid of the database - part 2 - Gabriel Schenker discusses the architecture his company uses which has allowed them to remove the database by making use of CQRS style architecture, sharing a simple example which illustrates how this can work.
- Using C# 5 caller info attributes when targeting earlier versions of the .NET framework - Thomas Levesque shares a hack which allows you to make use of the new C#5 Caller information attributes even if you are not targeting the latest framework. allowing you to gain the benefit in .NET 4, 3.5, and 2
- ASP.NET Bundling and Minification - Rick Anderson highlights his latest contribution to the ASP.NET documentation for V4.5, showing the purpose and use of the new bundling and minification support in the ASP.NET Framework.
- ASP.NET Web API integration testing with in-memory hosting - Filip W continues his series of posts looking at the new ASP.NET Web API, showing how you can host your WebAPI applications ‘in-memory’, allowing you to more easily test your implementations.
- Continuous Delivery with Szymon Pobiega - Canary Wharf .NET User Group - The Canary Wharf .NET User Group in London are hosting an event on Wednesday 20th June 2012 where Szymon Pobiega will be talking on the subject of Continuous Delivery, looking at deployment, PowerShell and configuration management.