- ConEmu - The Windows Terminal/Console/Prompt we’ve been waiting for? - Scott Hanselman highlights ConEMU, is new favorite console replacement application, giving a richer experience for working at the command line
- ASP.NET Web API Exception Handling - Fredrik Normén discusses implementing exception handling in WebAPI applications, looking at the different ways you can handle Critical and Business exceptions in your application.
- Getting Started on Line-of-Business HTML5 App - Part 11 Serving up JSON Using ASP.NET Web API & Part 12 Show Data in Templates Using JsRender - Bruce Kyle continues his series looking at the building of Line of Business Applications using HTML5 with a look at using the ASP.NET WebAPI to produce JSON for consumption on the client side, and also explores the notion of client side rendering with the use of JsRender templating.
- A World of Samples at your Fingertips - The Visual Studio Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - Anthony Cangialosi & Steven Wilssens highlight where you can find code samples in amongst the Visual Studio 2012 RC an associated SDKs an libraries.
- Improving the Startup Time of Xaml Metro Style Apps with Multicore JIT - Jérôme Laban discusses the new multicore JIT which helps improve the start up performance of desktop applications such as XAML based Metro Style Applications
- Announcing the LightSwitch HTML Client! - Joe Binder of the LightSwitch Team reveals the upcoming support for HTML based clients for LightSwitch applications, providing a similar experience but in cross browser native HTML.
- How I stopped writing awesome code - Jonas Hovgaard discusses how he has simplified his development practices to become more productive, sparking interesting discussion in the comments about how much ‘best practice’ you actually need
- Getting started with Mercurial for a small team - Working in default, Reverting , Branching & Tagging and further reading - Kevin LaBranche continues his series looking at the use of the Mercurial Distributed Version Control System, exploring general working practices, branching, tagging and reverting as well as providing pointers to further information.
- A look at Windows 8 devices - Lee Stott shares a look at some of the new breed of Windows 8 tablets, PCs and laptops.
- TFSPreview is Public - Now check out the Team Foundation Service Preview without an invite code… - Greg Duncan highlights the next phase of the Team Foundation Service preview, with a widening of the preview group of users.