- SignalR 0.5.1 Released - David Fowler announces the release of SignalR 0.5.1, an update to the core 0.5 which brings support for the Windows 8 Release Preview, along with the inclusion of web sockets support (for environments which support it - i.e. IIS8), improves the cross domain connection support and connection management.
- Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop - S.Somasegar announces the plans for a additional Express edition product to target the Windows Desktop development, a request from the community following the announcement of the VS Express line up last month.
- Announcing WebMatrix 2 RC - Vishal Joshi highlights the release of WebMatrix 2 Release Candidate, and discusses how it makes a good choice for building standards compliant sites to run on the Azure platform.
- Get dotCover 2.0 Beta - JetBrains announce the release of the beta of dotCover 2.0, available for you to try and give the team feedback
- Snippet Designer now supports Visual Studio 2012 RC - Matthew Manela announces a minor update to his Snippet Designer Visual Studio extension which allows it to run on under Visual Studio 2012. The release is available via the Visual Studio Gallery.
- Introducing Kudu: the Open Source engine behind ‘git push azure master’ - David Ebbo discusses the Kudu project, the open source goodness behind the new Windows Azure git based deployment feature
- "Git Succinctly" Free/reg-ware PDF/Mobi ebook) - Greg Duncan highlights a free e-book available (after registration) from the folks at Syncfusion which covers much of the key use of the Git version control system.
- Building and Deploying Windows Azure Web Sites using Git and GitHub for Windows - Shiju Varghese discusses working with git and GitHub for Windows working with websites, and looks at deploying to Windows Azure.
- Persistence, Facades and Roslyn’s Red-Green Trees - Eric Lippert gives an update on the Roslyn Project, following its latest release last week disucssing some of the key features of the syntax tree, and discussing Reg / Green trees (named after the colour white board pens!)
- Azure, don’t give me multiple VMs, give me one elastic VM & Assuming that the laws of physics no longer apply, we can build this - Frans Bouma discusses some of his ideals for a cloud based environment and Ayende follows up with some discussion about the feasability of creating such an system - comments on both well worth a read.
- The Little Introduction To Programming - Karl Seguin shares his latest ‘book’ titled ‘The Little Introduction To Programming’ it takes a look at programming from an introductory level ideal for non-programmers who want to learn a bit about programming.
- NEBytes June 2012 - Enough About the Colour Tell Me About… - The NEBytes usergroup in the north east of England are hosting a meeting on Wednesday 20th June with Richard Fennell and Andrew Westgarth looking at what is new and exciting in Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server 2012