- WCF Data Services EULAs updated – The WCF Data Services Team announce a change to the EULA (End User License Agreement) for WCF Data Services 5.0.1 and later which allows the DLLs to be redistributed.
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: Select() and Where() with Indexes – James Michael Hare shares the latest part in his C# and .NET Little Wonders series, continuing his exploration of LINQ methods with a look at the Select and Where methods, looking at how you can work with the index of the elements in the series too.
- NuGet and Bin Deploy – The WCF Data Services Team discus their increasing use of NuGet as a distribution method for their new more frequent release strategy, looking at how you can use NuGet to get and keep up to date with the WCF Data Services.
- WCF Data Service – Dinesh Sabnani walks through the use of the WCF Data Services in creating and consuming a simple data service, and looking at some of the ways you can query the service using URIs.
- Essential Windows Azure (Microsoft Cloud) Knowledge : Part 1: Web roles, Worker Roles – Bruno Terkaly kicks off a new series looking at the essentials of Windows Azure. This first post looks at the concepts of Web and Worker Roles, answering common questions on the technology, and looking at how it all works.
- Awesome with Windows Phone: 13 ways to improve the performance of your app – Matt Lacey shares a simple list of 13 things you can do to help ensure that your Windows Phone 7 applications perform as well as possible on devices.
- "SQL Server 2012 Upgrade Technical Guide" 454 page PDF on upgrading from SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 & [Limited time offer] Programming Windows 6th Edition Preview eBook is now available. Buy the CP edition today for $10 and get the RP/RTM book updates as they are released, free… – Greg Duncan highlights two Microsoft Press titles, one available for free looking at everything you need to know about upgrading to SQL 2012, and the other an update for Windows 8 of the legendary Charles Petzold book ‘Programming Windows’ available in early access form at a very reasonable price.
- DevEvening goes to the movies – DevEvening, the Woking based .NET Usergroup are hosting a movie night, with a number of pre-recorded sessions on Clean Code (Uncle Bob Martin) and a session on WebAPI on the evening of Wednesday 30th May.
- NxtGenUG – Event – IIS8 Platform for the Future – The NxtGenUG in Hereford welcome Andy Westgarth for his session on IIS8 which will be released as a part of the Windows 8 and Windows 8 Server release. In the session Andy will give background on IIS7 and 7.5 before delving into what is new and exciting in IIS8.
- MEET Windows Azure on Twitter (+ Beer), 7th June 2012 – Windows Azure MVP Magnus Mårtensson is hosting an online Twitter event for the MEET Windows Azure event on 7th June – a great opportunity to discuss the exciting announcements that will be made.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1108