- WCF Data Services 5.1.0-rc Prerelease - With Version 5.0 released, the WCF Data Services Team are pressing on with their first release candidate pre-release of version 5.1, addressing a number of reported bugs. The release is available as a pre-release package on NuGet.
- #mvvmlight V4RC available on #nuget - Laurent Bugnion announces the preview release of MVVMLight version 4, available as packages for Silverlight 3,4,5, .NET 3.5SP1, 4.0, WP7 & 7.1, and adding support for Windows 8 WinRT Development
- How to bind to custom objects in action signatures in MVC/WebAPI - Mike Stall continues his series looking at binding of parameters in WebAPI, taking a look at 3 different ways of binding values to custom object types, using manual parse, TypeConverters and custom model binders.
- ASP.NET Web API Content Negotiation and Accept-Charset - Henrik F Nielsen also continues his discussion of content negotiation with a look at how character sets and encoding come into play, and the role of the Accept-Charset HTTP header.
- ASP.NET Web API: Extending content negotiation with new formats - Gunnar Peipman is also exploring topics relating to content negotiation, looking at how you can use the extensibility of the WebAPI Framework to present data in different formats, specifically illustrating with an implementation of VCard.
- Guidelines for Building Touch-friendly Sites - Jacob Rossi, a Program Manager on the Internet Explorer team discusses some best practice guidelines for creating sites for use on touch devices, discussing accessing content, and the size of fingers and how this should relate to the positioning of elements on the page.
- Getting Rid of the “Plug-in Not Responding” Message when Debugging Silverlight Applications in Chrome - Michael Crump shares a useful tip for anyone debugging Silverlight Applications inside Google’s Chrome browser, showing how disabling the hang detection features make the debugging experience better.
- First meeting Thurs May 3rd -
Sheffield .NET User Group - The very first meeting of a new .NET Usergroup is happening next Thursday (3rd May) in Sheffield, hosted at GIST Lab. The first meeting is a planning session looking at what the local .NET community would like from the UserGroup.
- patterns & practices Global Online Symposium 2012 - Grigori Melnik highlights the Patterns & Practices Global Online Symposium, being held tomorrow, streaming live, and featuring a number of well known speakers, along with cloud, phone and web development related sessions.