- IE 9.0.1 Available via Windows Update & First IE9 Update Now Available – The Internet Explorer Team and Eric Lawrence announce the release of the First Internet Explorer 9 update, the June 2011 Cumulative Security update which takes the ‘About Box’ version number to 9.0.1
- Open Source – Snippet Designer 1.4.0 Released – Matthew Manela highlights the release of Snippet Designer 1.4.0 Visual Studio 2010 extension, available via the Extension Gallery, Visual Studio Gallery and CodePlex project site. This release adds functionality to both the Snippet Editor and Snippet Explorer
- NCrunch for Visual Studio – The NCrunch team announce the release of v1.3.2b, the latest version of their Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 add-in which runs tests and reports code coverage while you code. NCrunch is currently free to use while it is in its beta testing phase.
- xunitcontrib support for ReSharper 6.0 beta – Matt Ellis highlights an update for the xunitcontrib ReSharper test runner to bring it in line with the ReSharper 6 beta release bringing xunit 1.8 functionality to the ReSharper Test Runner
- Deeper into Convert.ToString – Inspired by a video on C# Interview Questions, Chris Eargle takes a in depth look at the behaviour of object.ToString() and Convert.ToString() looking at how they differ in their support for nulls.
- "Web" vs. "Native" – Tim Bray shares an interesting discussion of the ‘great’ mobile web application versus Native Phone Application, using the offerings from TripIt as a case study, and discussing his view point on the subject.
- On the Usefulness of Xml Summary Comments with Poll Results – Steve Smith shares the results of his recent Twitter Survey on XML Summary Comments in Code, and particularly the relevance of blindingly obvious XML Summary comments
- Pre-release Documentation Available – Reactive Extensions – The Reactive Extensions Team are at the RC1 stage, with them currently undergoing the final stages of preparation for a first official release. One of the items on the list is Documentation, and the team have published what they have so far with the hope of getting some feedback to better direct their remaining efforts.
- CodeRush is Never out of Milk – Martin Beeby shares a short article from Rory Becker discussing the DevExpress CodeRush IDE Productivity tool, highlighting a variety of its great features.
- CitiBank hacked – dumb developers, dumber security consultants & Has CitiBank scared you? Want to learn more about securing ASP.NET? – Barry Dorrans discusses some of the coverage of the recent CitiBank ‘Hacking’ and how the security vulnerability was one of those in the OWASP Top 10 List for a long time. Barry also highlights a nice series of posts from Troy Hunt looking at the OWASP Top 10, currently up to Part 7: Insecure Cryptographic Storage
- WP7 Mango: The new Generational GC – Abhinaba Basu continues looking at Generational Garbage Collection, exploring how the principles of this type of garbage collection are applied to the Windows Phone 7.1 platform
- LINQ to NHibernate Extensions & Adding Custom SQL Functions to NHibernate at Runtime – Ricardo Peres takes a look at adding extensions to Linq to NHibernate to provide implementations for the SQL Cast and Coalesce functions, and explores how you can add custom SQL Functions to NHibernate, allowing them to be called from your NHibernate code.
- Autoscaling a Windows Azure Hosted Service with AzureWatch – Eric Nelson takes a look at AzureWatch, a service which aims to help you make your Windows Azure solutions scale elastically with service demand
- Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Services Academy Videos – Wes Yanaga highlights a series of video tutorials which look at the use of the Windws Azure App Fabric Access Control Service which provides access control functionality based on integrations with a range of identity providers (from Active Directory to Google, Yahoo! and FaceBook.
- Mining the Social Web with Gary Short – Scottish Developers welcome Gary Short for a session looking at using code to mine information from social networks. This session is on Thursday 23rd June in Glasgow, starting at 6:30PM.