- bddify V0.5 and some updates – Mehdi Khalili announces the release of bddify 0.5, the latest version of his BDD Framework, available from the project website and via NuGet. This version adds a fluent API, and increases the frameworks use of convention over configuration. Mehdi also has an introductory article ‘Introduction to bddify: A Simple to Use and Extend BDD Framework for .NET‘ over on The CodeProject which gives an overview and getting started guide to the framework.
- YUI 3.4.0 Preview Release 1 – The Yahoo YUI team are embracing new development practices, and one of the artefacts of this is a more regular release cycle of preview releases allowing you to get your hands on their latest bits more often.
- Windows 8 – Mike Taulty gives a roundup of the various videos and source of official information about the Windows 8 demonstration earlier this week. The details revealed have sparked active discussion in the community, and here are a few of the posts that caught my eye:
- Some Thoughts on Windows 8 – Mike Hadlow
- Windows 8 – Paul Stovell
- 4 Questions about Windows 8 (and a lot more) – Kip Kniskern
- Windows 8: Old Dog, New Tricks, Important Questions – Andrew Brust
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: Empty(), DefaultIfEmpty(), and Count() – James Michael Hare continues his Little Wonders series, wraping up his look at the LINQ extension methods in the Enumerable class, taking a look at the Empty(), DefaultIfEmpty() and Count() methods, giving their background and example of them in use.
- Cool stuff in FubuCore No. 4: Dependency Analysis with Directed Graph – Chad Myers continues his series of posts on the interesting bits of FubuCore with a look at the features provided for dependency resolutions and identifying dependency trees, discussing the theory, implementation and use of this functionality.
- C# and VB.NET – Differing namespace conventions – Jon Galloway discusses the difference in defaults for the use of Namespaces between VB.NET and C# resulting in the decision that the MVC Music Store tutorial port to VB.NET would not have namepaces.
- Entity Framework 4.1 – One To One Mapping – & Component mapping – Benny Michielsen continues exploring the various aspects of the Entity Framework 4.1 Code First looking in these two posts at the intricacies of mapping One To One elements, and component mappings.
- Faking DbContext – K. Scott Allen highlights a post from Daniel Cazzulino on unit testing Entity Framework 4.1 Code First Domain Models, and shares his experiences of implementing a Fake IDbCoOntext.
- Getting Mono compiler output in a web application using StreamReportPrinter – Jon Galloway highlights how you can caputre the output of the Mono C# Compiler as a service allowing you to identify bugs in your code that is being dynamically compiled.
- Intercept calls to objects in C# – Neeraj Kaushik takes a look at using the Unity Framework to intercept method calls on objects in C#, illustrating with an example.
- Introducing schema.org: Search engines come together for a richer web – The Official Google Blog announces the launch of Scheme.Org, an initiative from Google, Microsoft (Bing) and Yahoo! which is creating a standard structured format for data markup on web pages. With the ‘big three’ behind this it is clearly well worth getting to know.